Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed pattern space/looping conundrum Post 302521185 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 12:51:04 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Another approach, but with awk: Smilie
Code:
awk -F\| '{gsub("%","\n"$1"|")}1' file

This User Gave Thanks to Franklin52 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping and using Sed

Hi guys I having som problem trying to use sed to get a file and insert inside another one. I'll try to explain better. I have a base.txt and using sed(having a array variables) I'm chaging some strings inside this file and saving as base1.txt. until here okay. Then, I have to get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digobh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blank space in regex pattern using sed

why does sed 's/.* //' show the last word in a line and sed 's/ .*//' show the first word in a line? How is that blank space before or after the ".*" being interpreted in the regex? i would think the first example would delete the first word and the next example would delete the second... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate pattern space (sed)

Hi, I'm new to sed and i'm having a few difficulties.. I need to append the current line to the pattern space, which already contains that same line, e.g.: current line : test pattern space : test|test I was able to do this using the hold space, but the problem is that in the next step of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: delucasvb
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help - sed - insert space between string of form XxxAxxBcx, without replacing the pattern

If the string is of the pattern XxxXyzAbc... The expected out put from sed has to be Xxx Xyz Abc ... eg: if the string is QcfEfQfs, then the expected output is Qcf Ef Efs. If i try to substitute the pattern with space then the sed will replace the character or pattern with space,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern and hold space issues

Good day. Trying to make a sed script to take text file in a certain format and turn it into mostly formatted html. I'm 95% there but this last bit is hurting my head finally. Here's a portion of the text- Budgeting and Debt: Consumer Credit Counseling of Western PA CareerLink 112... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fiendracer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - remove space and . for a pattern

Hi, I have file which contains following lines A| 965.|Mr.|35.45| 66. B| 33.| a456.| 77. The output should be A|965|Mr.|35.45|66 B|33| a456.|77 Basically if a Number has space in prefix and . in suffix remove both. So pattern could be if there is a | which has next two characters as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wahi80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Looping and sed

Hi, I've got text files (say file1 and file2) in a directory (say directory1) with several columns like this: a b c d a b c de f g h e f g hI need to add a header to the files in directory1 and the names of the columns must contain an identifier from another text file (say file3) like this:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk --- produce the output in pattern space instead of END space

hi, I'm trying to calculate IP addresses and their respective calls to our apache Server. The standard format of the input is HOST IP DATE/TIME - - "GET/POST reuest" "User Agent" HOST IP DATE/TIME - - "GET/POST reuest" "User Agent" HOST IP DATE/TIME - - "GET/POST reuest" "User Agent" HOST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)