Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding items that occur more than once in a vector Post 302521175 by LMHmedchem on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 12:18:49 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
You have to use iterators to check what's inside it however, because the mere act of checking if m[element] will also create that element as a zero!
That's interesting, the cpp reference page gives "operator[]" as element access. I wonder what they mean by that. I assume you can also use .find()?

LMHmedchem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why SIGKILL will occur?

Hi Gurus, I am executing my Datastage jobs on UNIX operating System. While running the jobs i am getting the following error: main_program: Unexpected termination by Unix signal 9(SIGKILL) Can any one please let me know what are the possible situations where this SIGKILL will arrise? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: choppas
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how many times a word occur in afile

i want a shell script program for how many times a word occur in a file. i need not the line number but i want the counts of the particular word for eg:- hai how r u.. i am from andhra pradesh.. i am from tenali.i need this answer.i need it urgently.. i hope u will answer this ... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu.it
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding missing items in file

I have a need to compare 2 files, then print results to file. Need to find items from file2 that are not found in file 1. thanks in advance! example: file 1: abcde=12 fffff=6 bbbb=35 file2: abcde=12 fffff=6 bbbb=35 ccccc=10 kkkkk=45 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: discostu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find number of char occur

To find out number of "|" symbol is available in file: Input: a|b|c|d|z Ouput: 4 I am using below set of commands,It is working... Anybody have anyother solution using sed / awk. cnt=`wc -c <1.txt` cnt1=`tr -d "|" <1.txt >c.dat` cnt2=`wc -c <c.dat` outp=`expr $cnt... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C shell loop problem occur

Hi all, i create 2 file Config path1 5 group1 path2 6 group2 path3 10 group1 path4 15 group2 Confine group1 andrew group2 alan In my C shell script i write like this: set line_array = (`cat $app_dir/config`) set line_array_2 =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines where variables occur more than once using grep

Hello, I want to only print lines where variables occur more than once using grep. For eg: Input: $this is a comment int a,b,c,b; int b,c; int d,e; int f,g,f; x=y+5; For the above input, the output would be int a,b,c,b; int f,g,f; I have done grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl script that can check a URL and notifiy when changes occur

I'm a scripting newbie and I'm trying to learn. No better way than being assigned a project. So basically, I'm trying to come up with a script that can periodically check a URL and then notify when changes occur to the file. So what I'm thinking is that I need to devise a PERL script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam1mc
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Where does Ciphering & Encryption occur?

Hello everyone. Upon reading the recent news about the NSA paying RSA to use a faulty cipher suite for it's default, it got me thinking... During a connection say for SSL, what is it that "knows" the rules for ciphers? Are these rules stored on the NIC? can they be edited, changed or appended? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)