Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding items that occur more than once in a vector Post 302520996 by LMHmedchem on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 12:38:48 AM
Old 05-10-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loic Domaigne
I guess, my previous example shows how to do it:
- it creates an empty map
- it fills the map step by step as the number are entered (until a negative number is given for stop).
- for the entered element, it adds 1 to the count.

Or am I missing something?

Loïc
I was thinking that I would see separate assignments, like a 2D array. The ++list[x] just didn't catch my eye the right way when I was expecting something like list.insert(x,y);.

This is what I ended up with,
Code:
void loadMap(int lrdr, int k1, int k2, std::map<int,int> &buildMap);
std::map<int,int> map1;

lrdr = 1; k1 = 17; k2 = 21;
loadMap(lrdr, k1, k2, map1); // pass empty map to loading function

std::vector<int> unique, nonUnique; // final vectors

// parse map into final vectors by count
for(std::map<int,int>::iterator it=map1.begin(); it!=map1.end(); ++it) {
   if (it->second == 1) {
      unique.push_back(it->first);
   } else {
      nonUnique.push_back(it->first);
   }
}

// loading function, most of this isn't relevant
void loadMap(int lrdr, int k1, int k2, std::map<int,int> &buildMap) {
   int tmpInt;
   BondKey key(lrdr, k1, k2);
   BondMap::iterator iter = order_map.find(key);
   if (iter != order_map.end()) {
      BondInfo& bond_info = (*iter).second;
      for (int i=0; i<bond_info.m_nums.size(); i++) {
         tmpInt = ( (int) bond_info.m_nums[i].m_numI );
         buildMap[tmpInt]++;
      }
   }
}

This gets me my unique and nonunique vectors and is quite a bit more efficient than my double loop. It also lets me easily handle doing different things for 2 occurrences, 3 occurrences, etc.

I guess I should be passing more or less everything but the map by const reference, since the map is the only thing that gets changed, so I should clean up a bit I think.

Thanks for all the help.

LMHmedchem

Last edited by LMHmedchem; 05-10-2011 at 02:04 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why SIGKILL will occur?

Hi Gurus, I am executing my Datastage jobs on UNIX operating System. While running the jobs i am getting the following error: main_program: Unexpected termination by Unix signal 9(SIGKILL) Can any one please let me know what are the possible situations where this SIGKILL will arrise? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: choppas
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how many times a word occur in afile

i want a shell script program for how many times a word occur in a file. i need not the line number but i want the counts of the particular word for eg:- hai how r u.. i am from andhra pradesh.. i am from tenali.i need this answer.i need it urgently.. i hope u will answer this ... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu.it
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk between items including items

OS=HP-UX ksh The following works, except I want to include the <start> and <end> in the output. awk -F '<start>' 'BEGIN{RS="<end>"; OFS="\n"; ORS=""} {print $2} somefile.log' The following work in bash but not in ksh sed -n '/^<start>/,/^<end>/{/LABEL$/!p}' somefile.log (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding missing items in file

I have a need to compare 2 files, then print results to file. Need to find items from file2 that are not found in file 1. thanks in advance! example: file 1: abcde=12 fffff=6 bbbb=35 file2: abcde=12 fffff=6 bbbb=35 ccccc=10 kkkkk=45 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: discostu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find number of char occur

To find out number of "|" symbol is available in file: Input: a|b|c|d|z Ouput: 4 I am using below set of commands,It is working... Anybody have anyother solution using sed / awk. cnt=`wc -c <1.txt` cnt1=`tr -d "|" <1.txt >c.dat` cnt2=`wc -c <c.dat` outp=`expr $cnt... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
19 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C shell loop problem occur

Hi all, i create 2 file Config path1 5 group1 path2 6 group2 path3 10 group1 path4 15 group2 Confine group1 andrew group2 alan In my C shell script i write like this: set line_array = (`cat $app_dir/config`) set line_array_2 =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines where variables occur more than once using grep

Hello, I want to only print lines where variables occur more than once using grep. For eg: Input: $this is a comment int a,b,c,b; int b,c; int d,e; int f,g,f; x=y+5; For the above input, the output would be int a,b,c,b; int f,g,f; I have done grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl script that can check a URL and notifiy when changes occur

I'm a scripting newbie and I'm trying to learn. No better way than being assigned a project. So basically, I'm trying to come up with a script that can periodically check a URL and then notify when changes occur to the file. So what I'm thinking is that I need to devise a PERL script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam1mc
3 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Where does Ciphering & Encryption occur?

Hello everyone. Upon reading the recent news about the NSA paying RSA to use a faulty cipher suite for it's default, it got me thinking... During a connection say for SSL, what is it that "knows" the rules for ciphers? Are these rules stored on the NIC? can they be edited, changed or appended? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)