Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for XML code parsing. Post 302520888 by ahamed101 on Monday 9th of May 2011 01:11:33 PM
Old 05-09-2011
Yuo gave the input like that and so I coded it that way.

Assuming your xml file is in the format
Code:
<RequestBillsRsp version="1.0">
<BillSummaryData>
<AgreementNumberFull>13-WY-8425-2</AgreementNumberFull>
<AgreementNumberAbbr>WY84252</AgreementNumberAbbr>
<LineOfBusiness>F</LineOfBusiness>
<CompanyCode>0005</CompanyCode>
<UniqDigit/>
<StateCode/>
<UnitID>13</UnitID>
<DueDate>04/12/2012</DueDate>
<BillAmount>282.00</BillAmount>

Code:
awk -F'<|>' '$2~/AgreementNumberFull|AgentName|AgentPhoneNumber|PlcyDispName|RiskDesc|^AnyAmountPayableFlag/{print $3}' infile

regards,
Ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing through shell scritps

Hi, Am new to scripting. :) Am trying to figure out whether can i use bash scripting to parse an xml file. Parsing is not just pulling out information according to the pattern but its more of a generic parsing. I should identify the xml hierarchy and pull out information accordingly. It's not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikvela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using Shell Script

Hello, I'm a starting shell scripter and no Perl knowledge. I've trying to do this for a while: I want to parse an XML file and get certain data out of it and write that data into a CSV file, all this using Shell Scripting (in Bash). Or Perl without any XML Parser/Interpreter (if possible). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kage Musha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing in a shell script.

Below is a XML I have... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <component xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:XXXXX-www-Install-Manifest manifest.xsd" xmlns="urn:qqqqq-Install-Manifest" name="OM" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for XML code parsing.

Please help me to create a shell script that can parse the below XML and send a string back adding all XML values.:) <RequestBillsRsp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xtatic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using shell script

I have a xml file like this <bul:collectionStrategy name="strategy1"> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="15min group"/> <bul:collectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group"/> </bul:collectionStrategy> <bul:CollectionTemplateGroup name="hourly group" > ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML using shell script

Well, issue is i have to parse this script to get the VERSION: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>CFBundleAllowMixedLocalizations</key> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorosinister
9 Replies

8. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML-Text Parsing Using shell scripting

HI Guys, I have to parse below xml file :- <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="LP101"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="1"> <xn:attributes> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing custom data into xml in Shell

Hi , I have data as below in a text file { 'AAA' => { 'A1' => 'a1 comment', 'A2' => 'a2 comment' }, 'BBB' => { 'B1' => 'b1 comment' }, 'CCC' => { 'C1' => 'c1 comment', 'C2' => 'c2 comment', 'C3' => 'c3 comment' 'C4' => 'c4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies
XML::DOM::ValParser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  XML::DOM::ValParser(3pm)

NAME
XML::DOM::ValParser - an XML::DOM::Parser that validates at parse time SYNOPSIS
use XML::DOM::ValParser; my %expat_options = (KeepCDATA => 1, Handlers => [ Unparsed => &my_Unparsed_handler ]); my $parser = new XML::DOM::ValParser (%expat_options); eval { local $XML::Checker::FAIL = &my_fail; my $doc = $parser->parsefile ("fail.xml"); ... XML::DOM::Document was created sucessfully ... }; if ($@) { # Either XML::Parser (expat) threw an exception or my_fail() died. ... your error handling code here ... # Note that the XML::DOM::Document is automatically disposed off and # will be garbage collected } # Throws an exception (with die) when an error is encountered, this # will stop the parsing process. # Don't die if a warning or info message is encountered, just print a message. sub my_fail { my $code = shift; die XML::Checker::error_string ($code, @_) if $code < 200; XML::Checker::print_error ($code, @_); } DESCRIPTION
Use XML::DOM::ValParser wherever you would use XML::DOM::Parser and your XML will be checked using XML::Checker at parse time. See XML::DOM for details on XML::DOM::Parser options. See XML::Checker for details on setting the fail handler (my_fail.) The following handlers are currently supported, just like XML::DOM::Parser: Init, Final, Char, Start, End, Default, Doctype, CdataStart, CdataEnd, XMLDecl, Entity, Notation, Proc, Default, Comment, Attlist, Element, Unparsed. XML
::DOM::ValParser XML::DOM::ValParser extends from XML::Checker::Parser. It creates an XML::Checker object and routes all event handlers through the checker, before processing the events to create the XML::DOM::Document. Just like XML::Checker::Parser, the checker object can be retrieved with the getChecker() method and can be reused later on (provided that the DOCTYPE section of the XML::DOM::Document did not change in the mean time.) You can control which errors are fatal (and therefore should stop creation of the XML::DOM::Document) by filtering the appropriate error codes in the global $XML::Checker::FAIL handler (see "ERROR_HANDLING" in XML::Checker) and calling die or croak appropriately. Just like XML::Checker::Parser, XML::DOM::ValParser supports the SkipExternalDTD and SkipInsignifWS options. See XML::Checker::Parser for details. AUTHOR
Enno Derksen is the original author. Send bug reports, hints, tips, suggestions to T.J. Mather at <tjmather@tjmather.com>. SEE ALSO
XML::DOM, XML::Checker ("SEE_ALSO" in XML::Checker) perl v5.10.0 2001-08-26 XML::DOM::ValParser(3pm)