Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help- wildcard not working in shell Post 302520757 by spirit10 on Monday 9th of May 2011 06:15:17 AM
Old 05-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirni
Do you have execute permissions on that directory?
Can you post output of
Code:
ls -dl ${AI_LANDING}

This is the output

drwxr-xr-x 14 userid etl 28 May 9 05:05 .

What does this say about the permission

---------- Post updated at 05:15 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirni
Do you have execute permissions on that directory?
Can you post output of
Code:
ls -dl ${AI_LANDING}

Only having trouble while using wildcard. The results are correct when the filename is used.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell not working

hi freinds, i just learning shell programming. i usually work in bash shell, but when i need tcshell, i normally i/p chshell command and go there. but although i have installed all the neccessay patches for this shell my machine can not work in tshell. but it shows the shell to be present..... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytechpro
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if -z not working in SH shell

Hello all, Any idea how to check whether a variable holding null value or not. if -z option works fine in bash, where as it is not working in sh. bash-3.00$ sh $ TEST= $ if ; then > echo "Null" > else > echo "Not null" > fi sh: test: 0403-004 Specify a parameter with this command.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which Shell I'm working?

Hi, I'm using FreeBSD 6. I want to know which Shell I'm using. So I gave the command: -sh-3.1$ ps -p $$ PID TTY TIME CMD 15547 pts/1 00:00:00 sh Which shell is "sh"? Is it C Shell or Bourne Shell or Korn Shell? Also, are Bourne & Korn shell one and the same or are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freephoneid
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script is not working..

Dear all, I am writing simple shell script. #/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/home/app/oracle/product/9.2.0 export ORACLE_HOME export ORACLE_SID=DATX $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s datadmin/password <<EOF execute testproc; exit; EOF ~ ~ In the above shell script, the oracle instance name is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

6. AIX

wildcard not working in /etc/hosts.allow

Had any one made the wildcard "*" or "?" work in tcp wrappers configure file hosts.allow and hosts.deny in AIX? It won't work for me no matter how hard I try. I am trying to restrict the access of our ftp server and if I specify following in hosts.allow: ftpd : host01.domain.com... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cypher4066
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard in bash shell script

I tried to use the wildcard '*' in my bash script, but I can not get it work. Here is a simple example (list file names in current directory): ls ./* does not work in my bash script. But it works if I use ls ./ So is there any special syntax to use '*' wildcard in bash script (I tested the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aerosols
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does " shell wildcard " shell script?

Hi, I just wondering what does " shell wildcard " Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

C-Shell!! Please help...cannot get it working...

Dear Friends, I am trying to get a script in c-shell working but no way! I don't know why but on my mac was working and now on linux is not! Basically the script should accept a root_file_name and work in batch on files. This is the script: #!/bin/csh -fn setenv IMAGIC_BATCH 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandrake83
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)