Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting making code compatible to previous bash versions Post 302520665 by Corona688 on Monday 9th of May 2011 01:07:41 AM
Old 05-09-2011
If your version of bash doesn't have arrays, there's not a lot to be done for that.

Do you have ksh available? You could initiailize an array in it like

set -A array1 $(echo "$line1" | sed -e 's/|/ /g')

You don't need to run sed once on each and every individual line by the way! That's not very efficient. Just set IFS="|" and then the shell will split on that, both in the BASH and KSH methods.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX

Hi!!, my HP-UX - 10.2 compiler doesnt appear to support ANSI style of coding. On compiling my C code, it flags error messages like error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI Feature Is it a generic problem with the HP compiler or do I need to use some special switches on the command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to delete previous versions of files

Hi. I need a script (either bash or perl) that can delete previous versions of files. For instance, from our continuous build process I get directories such as build5_dev_1.21 build5_dev_1.22 build5_dev_1.23 build5_dev_1.24 I need a script that I can run every night (using "at"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto make ksh skript bash-compatible with backticks

I have the following ksh-script: #!/bin/ksh # Ueberprüfe, ob genau ein Parameter angegeben wurde test "$#" -eq "1" || { echo "USAGE: path_cleanup <PATH_NAME>"; return 1; } # Ueberpruefe, ob awk und nawk installiert sind test -x /bin/nawk || { echo "ERROR: nawk is not installed"; return 1;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: doc_symbiosis
2 Replies

4. Debian

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a python package and cross-platform compatible

Hi Ive been trying for days now and i just cannot work this out. Can someone please tell me if im doing this right. I've written some python3.3 code and now i want to transfer it to an embedded computer to execute. My OS is a : Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.7 (squeezez) 32-bit kernel The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedEyedDog
1 Replies
Goo::Canvas::TableModel(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Goo::Canvas::TableModel(3pm)

NAME
Goo::Canvas::TableModel - wrapper for GooCanvasTableModel HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Goo::Canvas::ItemModelSimple +----Goo::Canvas::GroupModel +----Goo::Canvas::TableModel INTERFACES
Goo::Canvas::ItemModel METHODS
itemmodel = Goo::Canvas::TableModel->new ($parent, ...) o $parent (Goo::Canvas::ItemModel) o ... (list) PROPERTIES
'column-spacing' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The default space between columns 'homogeneous-columns' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) If all columns are the same width 'homogeneous-rows' (boolean : default false : readable / writable) If all rows are the same height 'horz-grid-line-width' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The width of the grid line to draw between rows 'row-spacing' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The default space between rows 'vert-grid-line-width' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The width of the grid line to draw between columns 'x-border-spacing' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The amount of spacing between the lefmost and rightmost cells and the border grid line 'y-border-spacing' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The amount of spacing between the topmost and bottommost cells and the border grid line SEE ALSO
Glib::Object, Goo::Canvas::ItemModelSimple, Goo::Canvas::GroupModel COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Gtk2-Perl Team perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Goo::Canvas::TableModel(3pm)