Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Installing SWAT to administer Samba Post 302520352 by mark54g on Friday 6th of May 2011 01:49:42 PM
Old 05-06-2011
Are you using yum? You could use:

Code:
yum list | grep -i swat

Adding more:

If you don't have the rpm in your directory, or one in your path, the command you gave will do nothing.

Last edited by mark54g; 05-06-2011 at 09:10 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba, swat. how to send a HUP to inetd ?

solaris can't support pkill command:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
2 Replies

2. SuSE

starting SWAT

everytime I try to start SWAT using : www.localhost:901, it takes me to goggle the search engine. IM still new in the linux world and Im a bit confussed now. any help would be great. Im currently running redhat linux fedora. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keliy1
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Samba printer under Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, I am under Sun Solaris 10, and I wan't to use printers which are on my local area network (on Windows XP workstation), I have got samba installed, and cups. I wan't to have an easy way for printing document (with StarOffice, Gimp etc...), for exemple by just launching a command. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willits
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing samba-tng suite

Hello all I am trying to install sara-sans(http://www.cisecurity.org/top20.htm) on a Solaris 9 server. The process highly recommends the installation of samba-tng suite. In the process of installaing samba-tng, "./configure" went smooth. After that while trying to 'make', it is stopped with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to administer remote server

i want to adduser change IP,any admin account. how can i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
1 Replies

6. AIX

Installing Samba on AIX 5.3

Hello, I need assistance installing Samba on AIX 5.3 TL06. Smitty Install produces the following error message: Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwXY -J" -Z -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgray71
5 Replies

7. Solaris

installing samba on solaris 8

i am a rookie so please give every detail... i need help installing samba on my solaris 8 (intel) box so i can share with WXP box. i can get online, but can only see websites as outline\text form but managed to download "samba-latest.tar.z" is this correct? and what is next step to get it up and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flir11
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Options to administer SUDO on 300+ servers...

I am supporting a little over 300+ servers, mostly Solaris with a handful of AIX and HPUX. Currently each box has its own sudoers file that is different. I have ran a script and captured each sudoers file. Our goal is to have 1 common sudo file on a trusted host and then only have to edit that file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gibby13
4 Replies

9. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies
YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)						   User Manuals 						YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)

NAME
yum-versionlock - Version lock rpm packages SYNOPSIS
yum-versionlock [ package-name [ package-name]] ... DESCRIPTION
yum-versionlock(1) is a Yum plugin that takes a set of name/versions for packages and excludes all other versions of those packages (including optionally following obsoletes). This allows you to protect packages from being updated by newer versions. The plugin provides a command "versionlock" which allows you to view and edit the list of locked packages easily. yum versionlock add <package-wildcard>... Add a versionlock for all of the packages in the rpmdb matching the given wildcards. yum versionlock exclude <package-wildcard>... Add a exclude (within versionlock) for the latest versions of the packages in the available repos. matching the given wildcards. yum ver- sionlock list List the current versionlock entries. yum versionlock delete <entry-wildcard>... Remove any matching versionlock entries. yum versionlock clear Remove all versionlock entries. FILES
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.conf The system wide configuration file. See yum-versionlock.conf(5) for more information. /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/versionlock.list The default place to put package version lock information (one package and version per. line). The file takes entries in the follow- ing format EPOCH:NAME-VERSION-RELEASE.ARCH See rpm(8) for more information on custom query formats. If the package does not have an EPOCH the number will default to 0. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. AVAILABILITY
yum-versionlock is available via: # yum install yum-versionlock AUTHORS
Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@laiskiainen.org> James Antill <james@and.org> Documentation modified by: Gerhardus Geldenhuis <gerhardus.geldenhuis@gmail.com> SEE ALSO
yum(1) 28 December 2009 YUM-VERSIONLOCK(1)