Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Append Text in Result File Name Post 302520282 by balajiora on Friday 6th of May 2011 09:59:45 AM
Old 05-06-2011
A-FileName1.txt
A-FileName2.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append text into a file.

I have a command stream that will parse down an ftp DIR listing of a remote directory and return the name of the newest file that I am interested in. The command is sed -e '/^d/d' sppay.listing |sed -n -e '/SPPAY/p'|sort -r -k 43M,45 -k 47,48 -k 50,54|sed -n -e '1p'|cut -c 56-99 and what it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a string to a grep result

hello, iostat -En | grep Vendor | grep -v DV | awk '{print $1 $2}' | sort -u returns Vendor:HP I want to append Disk to it. i.e.: Disk Vendor:HP how to do that? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending/append result from CSH script to xls file

Hi, 1st post... Done a quick search for this so apologies if I've missed it. Basically I want to output and and append several values generated by a csh script direct to an xls openoffice file, rather than send to txt file and then physically copy and paste to xls file. Already I send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottyjock
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Result to a Text File

Hi; I am scripting in Shell and i want to write output (on screen) to a text file? ... | tee gcsw/output.txt doesnot work? :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output thre result to a text file?

Dear All I have a script file like the following: ..... ..... Variable_1 = 888 Variable_2 = 999 ..... MyExternalProgram Myfile ..... The line MyExternalProgram Myfile will generate some number, Say 777 Now I hope I can output the result of above codes to a text file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hit multiple URL from a text file and store result in other test file

Hi, I have a problem where i have to hit multiple URL that are stored in a text file (input.txt) and save their output in different text file (output.txt) somewhat like : cat input.txt http://192.168.21.20:8080/PPUPS/international?NUmber=917875446856... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a text file?

i have to append a text file grep for a word, if found, put comment in starting of the line. here is an example cat test.sh bin/ksh Hello World Test Message :wq! search for "bin" word in test.sh file if found comment it out at starting of the line: Output as follows: #bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append result in the same line

I have a line like below a,blank,12,24 I want to add (12+24) at the end of the line or any where in the same line line output: a,blank,12,24,36 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average result of text file

Hi all I have created a script to allow me to gain a number of file times and how long they take to execute. I have been asked to get the average time for the log. The log will update every 5 minutes and never be empty. 141 152 157 161 168 169 171 179 202 207 229 651 666 714... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)