Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with removal of numericals in a file Post 302520174 by ctsgnb on Friday 6th of May 2011 04:10:38 AM
Old 05-06-2011
Code:
sed ':b s/\(,[^0-9]*\)[0-9]/\1,/g;t b' infile

or
Code:
sed ':b s/\(,[^[:digit:]]*\)[[:digit:]]/\1,/g;t b' infile

Tested successfully on linux / GNU sed.

You may get a "label too long" error on Sun sed.
i didn't test on other plateform.

Last edited by ctsgnb; 05-06-2011 at 05:46 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

UNIX File removal without conformation

I need to remove permanently some 3 GB of temp folder which contains Log file, simulation files from my disk. if i use "rm - rf <filename>" command it asks about conformation for accessing each folder and for removing every file and giving yes to every message in terminal window is very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajharvijay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of Duplicate Entries from the file

I have a file which consists of 1000 entries. Out of 1000 entries i have 500 Duplicate Entires. I want to remove the first Duplicate Entry (i,e entire Line) in the File. The example of the File is shown below: 8244100010143276|MARISOL CARO||MORALES|HSD768|CARR 430 KM 1.7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of carriage returns from a comma delimited file

Hi, I have a file which is having some carriage return in one of the field for which single line is coming in multiple lines. I want to combine all those multiple lines of that field into one line. Eg: Input: Id, Name, Location, Comments, Dept 2, John, US, I am from US. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahish20
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of file extension question

All, I know that this will remove a file extension from a file name, but reading on the documentation on how it works confuses me. ${filename%.*}Can anyone explain what exactly is going on here? Filename is the pattern and % says to cut anything that starts with .? Also, can I run this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with removal of blank spaces in a file

Hello.. I have a text file. I want to remove all the blank spaces(except tab) from the file.. I tried using sed command as shown below sed 's/ //g' file1 But the problem with the above command is that it also eliminates 'tab' which is between the columns.. For example if the contents... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removal of HTML ASCII Codes from file

Hi all, I have a file with extended ASCII codes in the description which needs to be removed. List of extended ascii codes "Œ", "œ", "Š", "š", "Ÿ", "ƒ", "-", "-", "‘", "'", "‚", "“", "”", "„","†", "‡", "•", "...", "‰", "€", "™" Sample data: Test Details-HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: btt3165
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Removal of zip file permanently

Hi Everyone, I see some peculier thing happening on my server. I have one zipped file created long back as a normal user and trying to remove it now. When i tried to remove as that particular user, i was not able to do that. So i logged in as a root user and removed that successfully. But it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sricharan21
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String removal from file

Dear all From below mention input file I needed op file as show below. I am using below code but not worked. I/p file BSCBCH1 EXAL-1-4 WO* SMPS MAINS FAIL BSCBCH1 EXAL-1-5 WO* SMPS RECTIFIER FAIL BSCBCH1 EXAL-1-6 WO* SMPS MAJOR ALARM BSCBCH2 EXAL-1-10 WO* ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Honey, I broke awk! (duplicate line removal in 30M line 3.7GB csv file)

I have a script that builds a database ~30 million lines, ~3.7 GB .cvs file. After multiple optimzations It takes about 62 min to bring in and parse all the files and used to take 10 min to remove duplicates until I was requested to add another column. I am using the highly optimized awk code: awk... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
34 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing string from CSV file by provide removal string from other file

What I need is to remove the text from Location_file.txt from each line matching all entries from Remove_location.txt Location_file.txt FlowPrePaid, h3nmg1cm2,Jamaica_MTAImageFileFlowPrePaid,h0nmg1cm1, Flow_BeatTest,FlowRockTest FlowNewTest,FlowNewTest,h0nmg1cm1 PartiallySubscribed,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)