Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Shell Scripts - Killing a job.... Post 302520116 by citizencro on Thursday 5th of May 2011 09:44:40 PM
Old 05-05-2011
I mean background jobs started by my session. I thought I would need to include processes with that also. I am using putty to access our server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing processes in scripts

I have a small problem. It's annoying though. I wrote this shell script: # # This script will accept two arguments. The first is a flag and the # second is a time interval. The only valid flag is '-t' which means # the user will specify the interval in seconds, otherwise the # default is 600... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: el_toro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if job still alive and killing it after a certain walltime

Hi! I'm using a script to start a process that might run forever if some parameters are given wrong (it's part of an optimization). I would now like to have the process killed after a certain walltime in that case. So far I get it done with the following lines ./My_process.e & pid=`ps -ef |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciwstevie
3 Replies

4. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON job to execute all scripts in a directory

Hi everyone: I'm trying to make a CRON job that will execute Fridays at 7am. I have the following: * 7 * * 5 I've been studying up on CRON and I know to have this in a file and then "crontab filename.txt" to add it to the CRON job list. The CRON part I believe I understand, but I would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a shell script

Hi, If I have a large shell script running as root, say for example like one that copies a ton of files, how would I kill the shell script and any processes that it created? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paid job for bash shell scripts

Job ad removed (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: starmation
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job is not working for two scripts

Hi Gurus, I have a test unix server in which currently some unix cronjob are running. I have written two script one is a shell script in which env variable are there (in that i am exporting those variables). I have also written a perl script . when i am running at the shell manually like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue while killing the process using autosys job

Hi, I have one autosys job that will retrieve the proccess id's and will kill those processess as follows, pid=`/usr/ucb/ps -auwwxx | grep MAIN |nawk '{print $2}'` kill -9 pid but after executing this particular job, its status is showing as TE(terminated) and the kill process is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing python scripts via cron job

Hi, I'm executing a python script via cron job. The way it is set up is, I'm editing a file called local00 22 * * * root su - -c "/opt/setup_dir/bin/run_bkp -p" When this job executes, the command-specific logfile and the syslog (where the logs are supposed to go) show half of the logs(no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
2 Replies
disown(1)							   User Commands							 disown(1)

NAME
disown - ksh93 built-in function to disassociate a job with the current shell SYNOPSIS
disown [job ...] DESCRIPTION
The ksh93 disown command prevents the current shell from sending a HUP signal to each of the specified jobs when the current shell termi- nates a login session. If job is omitted, disown sends the HUP signal to the most recently started or stopped background job. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: job Specifies the job or jobs on which disown operates. Specify job as one of the following: number Refers to a process ID. -number Refers to a process group ID. %number Refers to a job number. %string Refers to a job whose name begins with string. %?string Refers to a job whose name contains string. %+ or %% Refers to the current job. %- Refers to the previous job. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 One or more specified jobs does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disowning a Job The following example disowns job 1: example% disown %1 AUTHORS
David Korn, dgk@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bg(1), jobs(1), ksh93(1), wait(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 18 Apr 2007 disown(1)