Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: count files recursively
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting count files recursively Post 302520023 by joeyg on Thursday 5th of May 2011 03:43:41 PM
Old 05-05-2011
Have you looked at the du command?

or

do a
Code:
ls -l *

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List Files Recursively

Hi! I'd like to list my files recursively BUT: I want them in this format, so that I can use them as options for commands like ftp->put or del ./directory1/file1.tar ./directory1/file2.tar ./directory1/file3.tar ./directory2/file1.tar ./directory2/file2.tar ./directory2/file3.tar... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: roberthawke
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursively renaming files

Hi, I'm new linux user.I need to recursively rename all files .I used this command "rename .MP3\;1 .MP3 *.MP3\;1" to rename files in one directory.But Inside this directory lots of sub directories there. Please help me out how to rename all files recursively? Thanks Govindan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catgovind
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy only files recursively

Hi, find . | xargs -s 47518 can list all the files and directories recursively , is there any possibility to copy only files from directories and subdirectoreis once it is listed. Please help Thans & Regards Uma (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files recursively

hi I have files named 123_234_aaa.jpg 234_231_345.jpg and i wish to rename these files to aaa.jpg and 345.jpg. i.e inital number,_,next number should be removed form the file name. Please let me know how can i do it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in moving files recursively

Hi, I have d1,d2,d3 directories / /home/abc/d1 /home/abc/d2 /home/abc/d3 d1,d2 and d3 also have subdirctories. d1-->d11-->d12 d2-->d22-->d23 d3-->d33-->d34 All these directories have files like date_filename.txt so I want to find the files recusively for a particular date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively rename some files

Hello, I have one directory with 3 level sub-directories, and about houndard files under those directories. I need a shell script to rename all patern mateched directories and files. For example: the patern is AA in the directory or file name. Orignal directory:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail4mz
2 Replies

8. Linux

Search files recursively

grep pattern filename To search for the pattern in all files in the current directory and the sub-directories recursively, what needs to be substituted in filename? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files recursively

Hello! I know what i s recursion, but can't imagine what shoudl be "recursicve copying" of files? Please, what should mean: cp -r /home/hope/files/* /home/hope/backup Can someone helpme with a simple example? Many thanks!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinklemon
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)