Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace string in ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace string in ksh Post 302519867 by joeyg on Thursday 5th of May 2011 08:58:06 AM
Old 05-05-2011
Please check your message

I tried to re-format (it was one long sentence) into something more readable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string and replace the searched string in the same position in samefile

Hi All, My requisite is to search for the string "0108"(which is the year and has come in the wrong year format) in a particular column say 4th column in a tab delimited file and then replace it with 2008(the correct year format) in the same position where 0108 was found in the same file..The... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh_248
27 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search, replace string in file1 with string from (lookup table) file2?

Hello: I have another question. Please consider the following two sample, tab-delimited files: File_1: Abf1 YKL112w Abf1 YAL054c Abf1 YGL234w Ace2 YKL150w Ace2 YNL328c Cup9 YDR441c Cup9 YDR442w Cup9 YEL040w ... File 2: ... ABF1 YKL112W ACE2 YLR131C (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstuart
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed in ksh to find and replace string

Hi All, I have a file in which contains location of various data files. I want to change locations using sed. Find and replace strings are in a separate file. Content of this file (/tmp/tt) - /dd/pp/test/test/1/ /pp/aa/test/dg1/ /dd/pp/test/test/2/ /pp/aa/test/dg2/ /dd/pp/test/test/3/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeyra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HPUX find string in directory and filetype and replace string

Hi, Here's my dilemma. I need to replace the string Sept_2012 to Oct_2012 in all *config.py files within the current directory and below directories Is this possible? Also I am trying to find all instances of the string Sept_2012 within files in the current directory and below I have... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pure_jax
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to replace string in AIX ksh shell

My variable contains the following string I wish to replace \n with "space" so the expected output is: I understand that the /n is not a new linein this case. I'm on AIX using ksh shell. Below is all that I tried. echo $str | sed -e "s#\n# #g"; echo $str | sed -e "s#\n#' '#g";... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to filter string between specific string in ksh

My argument has data as below. 10.9.9.85 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr5.scr 127869538 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr56scr 127869538 ....... (note all these between lines will start with hyphen '-' ) -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
nmea(3tcl)						   NMEA protocol implementation 						nmea(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
nmea - Process NMEA data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require nmea ?1.0.0? ::nmea::input sentence ::nmea::open_port port ?speed? ::nmea::close_port ::nmea::configure_port settings ::nmea::open_file file ?rate? ::nmea::close_file ::nmea::do_line ::nmea::rate ::nmea::log ?file? ::nmea::checksum data ::nmea::write sentence data ::nmea::event setence ?command? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a standard interface for writing software which recieves NMEA standard input data. It allows for reading data from COM ports, files, or programmatic input. It also supports the checksumming and logging of incoming data. After parsing, input is dis- patched to user defined handler commands for processing. To define a handler, see the event command. There are no GPS specific functions in this package. NMEA data consists of a sentence type, followed by a list of data. COMMANDS
::nmea::input sentence Processes and dispatches the supplied sentence. If sentence contains no commas it is treated as a Tcl list, otherwise it must be standard comma delimited NMEA data, with an optional checksum and leading $. nmea::input {$GPGSA,A,3,04,05,,09,12,,,24,,,,,2.5,1.3,2.1*39} nmea::input [list GPGSA A 3 04 05 09 12 "" "" 24 "" "" "" 2.5 1.3 2.1] ::nmea::open_port port ?speed? Open the specified COM port and read NMEA sentences when available. Port speed is set to 4800bps by default or to speed. ::nmea::close_port Close the com port connection if one is open. ::nmea::configure_port settings Changes the current port settings. settings has the same format as fconfigure -mode. ::nmea::open_file file ?rate? Open file file and read NMEA sentences, one per line, at the rate specified by ?rate? in milliseconds. The file format may omit the leading $ and/or the checksum. If rate is <= 0 (the default) then lines will only be processed when a call to do_line is made. ::nmea::close_file Close the open file if one exists. ::nmea::do_line If there is a currently open file, this command will read and process a single line from it. Returns the number of lines read. ::nmea::rate Sets the rate at which lines are processed from the open file, in milliseconds. The rate remains consistant across files, there does not need to be a file currently open to use this command. Set to 0 to disable automatic line processing. ::nmea::log ?file? Starts or stops input logging. If a file name is specified then all NMEA data recieved on the open port will be logged to the ?file? in append mode. If file is an empty string then any logging will be stopped. If no file is specified then returns a boolean value indicating if logging is currently enabled. Data written to the port by write, data read from files, or input made using input, is not logged. ::nmea::checksum data Returns the checksum of the supplied data. ::nmea::write sentence data If there is a currently open port, this command will write the specified sentence and data to the port in proper NMEA checksummed format. ::nmea::event setence ?command? Registers a handler proc for a given NMEA sentence. There may be at most one handler per sentence, any existing handler is replaced. If no command is specified, returns the name of the current handler for the given setence or an empty string if none exists. In addition to the incoming sentences there are 2 builtin types, EOF and DEFAULT. The handler for the DEFAULT setence is invoked if there is not a specific handler for that sentence. The EOF handler is invoked when End Of File is reached on the open file or port. The handler procedures, with the exception of the builtin types,must take exactly one argument, which is a list of the data values. The DEFAULT handler should have two arguments, the sentence type and the data values. The EOF handler has no arguments. nmea::event gpgsa parse_sat_detail nmea::event default handle_unknown proc parse_sat_detail {data} { puts [lindex $data 1] } proc handle_unknown {name data} { puts "unknown data type $name" } BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category nmea of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
gps, nmea CATEGORY
Networking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2009, Aaron Faupell <afaupell@users.sourceforge.net> nmea 1.0.0 nmea(3tcl)