Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finding and moving files based on the last three numerical characters in the filename Post 302519755 by Peasant on Thursday 5th of May 2011 02:06:57 AM
Old 05-05-2011
Best guess would be to use find for this, and matching regex.

Something like :
Code:
find $FINDDIR -name 'CC10-1234P1[01][0-5][0-5].WGS84.p190' -type f | xargs cp -t $DESTDIR

This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files by splitting the path embedded in the filename

Hello All. I am having a directory /tmp/rahul which contains many files in the format @#home@#rahul@#programs@#script.pl where /home/rahul/programs is the directory where the script.pl file is to be placed. I have many files in this format. What i want is a script which read these... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving files with spaces in filename from one directory to another

Hello, When I run following script #!/bin/bash cd ~/directory1 mv `ls -trF | grep -v / | tail -10 ` ~/directory2 works fine with filenames not having any space but runs into issues with filenames that have spaces tried with $file variable still doesnot work. Can someone help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asakhare
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files out of multiple directories and renaming them in numerical order

Hi, I have 500 directories each with multiple data files inside them. The names are sort of random. For example, one directory has files named e_1.dat, e_5.dat, e_8.dat, etc. I need to move the files to a single directory and rename them all in numerical order, from 1.dat to 1000(or some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: renthead720
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with filename format

hi all, i'm trying to find out how to show files having a particular format. i.e. files o570345.out o5703451.out XX_570345_1.RTF so when i search for files using ls *570345* it shows all three files but actually i don't like to see the second file o5703451.out because 5703451 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving/copying files in a numerical order

Hi I am newbie to unix scripting, but i have enough knowledge to understand. I have a specific questions like, I use to collect like 3500 files per experiment, each one named like data_001.img.. data_002.img data_003.img .... data_3500.img I would like to move every 12 files in the 3500... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wpat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding File Names Ending In 3 Random Numerical Characters

Hi, I have a series of files (upwards of 500) the filename format is as follows CC10-1234P1999.WGS84.p190 each of this files is in a directory named for the file but excluding the extension. Now the last three numeric characters, in this case 999, can be anything from 001 to 999, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roche.j.mike
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files with one row then moving them

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row the move the file to another directory the files are in /optima/prd/optdir/ZTE_BSS/Combiner/ZTE_2G/out/BSC_PS_Basic_Meas and I want to move them to /optima/prd/optdir/ZTE_BSS/Loader/error/ZTE_2G/BSC_PS_Basic_Meas ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with wc -l results = 1 then moving the files to another folder

Hi guys can you please help me with a script to find files with one row/1 line of content then move the file to another directory my script below runs but nothing happens to the files....Alternatively Ca I get a script to find the *.csv files with "wc -1" results = 1 then create a list of those... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dj Moi
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding filename based on filecontent

Hi, I have been trying , to find the filename based on some pattern present inside the file My command is as follows: filename=`grep -l 'Pattern' path/*.txt ` Its strange that it works some times, but doesn't print anything some times . But my if test -f $filename is passing all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth19
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files with newlines in filename

I want to use grep to find files that have newlines in the filename. For example, I have a directory where I create three files: $ touch file1 $ touch "file 2" $ touch "file > with > newlines" $ find . ./file 2 ./file1 ./file?with?newlinesI now want to pipe the find output into grep and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralph
4 Replies
deb-old(5)							      Debian								deb-old(5)

NAME
deb-old - old style Debian binary package format SYNOPSIS
filename.deb DESCRIPTION
The .deb format is the Debian binary package file format. This manual page describes the old format, used before Debian 0.93. Please see deb(5) for details of the new format. FORMAT
The file is two lines of format information as ASCII text, followed by two concatenated gzipped ustar files. The first line is the format version number padded to 8 digits, and is 0.939000 for all old-format archives. The second line is a decimal string (without leading zeroes) giving the length of the first gzipped tarfile. Each of these lines is terminated with a single newline character. The first tarfile contains the control information, as a series of ordinary files. The file control must be present, as it contains the core control information. In some very old archives, the files in the control tarfile may optionally be in a DEBIAN subdirectory. In that case, the DEBIAN subdirec- tory will be in the control tarfile too, and the control tarfile will have only files in that directory. Optionally the control tarfile may contain an entry for `.', that is, the current directory. The second gzipped tarfile is the filesystem archive, containing pathnames relative to the root directory of the system to be installed on. The pathnames do not have leading slashes. SEE ALSO
deb(5), dpkg-deb(1), deb-control(5). Debian Project 2011-08-14 deb-old(5)