Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X-Client recommendation
Operating Systems AIX X-Client recommendation Post 302519680 by Lakris on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 05:07:18 PM
Old 05-04-2011
Hi,
I agree with previous posts. But I have found that Xming serves me well, together with Cygwin+bash and "ssh -Y" or Putty with X11 tunneling enabled. The font support has been sufficient. Easy to install. Some people may have issues with licensing.

Best regards,
Lakris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hardware Recommendation

My J-Class system seems to have killed its onboard NIC. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a *cost effective* :p NIC for this machine? I am currently running 11i v1 on it, and have available PCI-X 5v slots. Alternatively, perhaps someone knows of where I might find a list of supported... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ipaddict
1 Replies

2. BSD

Partitioning recommendation

I have an old Pentium box pieced together from parts, and the 2G hard drive in it is showing signs of a coming death. I have purchased an 8G HD to replace the old one, and I plan to install NetBSD 1.6.1. The machine is to be used as a home server, with Mail handled as fetchmail -> sendmail ->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: criglerj
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recommendation for mail server

I am a school teacher and would like to set up my own Linux mail server on my web account (Yes they allow customers to do this). I would like a easy interface that makes teaching e-mail a breeze. In the past I used hotmail.com or rock.com but there is some objectionable adds or the student... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Book Recommendation

Hi! To begin with, I know there is a dedicated sub-forum for this, but I'm not able to create a new thread there, and I'm not able to find anything in the threads already there to suit my needs either. This being said, I'm currently using Mac OS X Leopard, which is a great operating system, but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cezar.elnazli
5 Replies

5. AIX

Recommendation help...

Hi guys, This is my first post. I have just started my training in AIX and would like some help with regards to training material. I have obtained IBM's CBTs (units 1 through 19) for AIX basics. I am looking at the following books - AIX 5L administration by Randal K Michael. - UNIX from new... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theaixeman
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recommendation for a Server?

I would like to buy Itanium or PA-RISC server for the purpose of learning HP-UX operating system. As I don't have money to throw around, I'm looking for something older (used), just good enough to run newer version of OS for studying, experimenting, etc. What do you recommend? What to look for? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moustahil
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LVm recommendation

hey guys i have a question about disadvantage of LVM i search many time but i cant find answer of my question i think it's undocumented. and my question : when or where is not good to use LVM or u dont recommended to use LVM ? is it every where benefit ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Open office recommendation

NEED recommendation and assistance on getting open office source installation on redhat 6 linux . I want an open office on redhat 6 linux server . Dont have root access Can someone guide me ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
0 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL GUI recommendation

I just wanted to share what a great MySQL (and other SQL) GUI DevArt provides. 3 years ago our company adopted a new ERP system that's entirely LAMP based. UGGG! Seriously? SQL Server *upgrade* to MySQL!??? This ERP is entirely vendor supported, but I have a replica database for data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vich
3 Replies
POE::Component::Client::MPD::Types(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   POE::Component::Client::MPD::Types(3pm)

NAME
POE::Component::Client::MPD::Types - types used in the distribution VERSION
version 1.121670 DESCRIPTION
This module implements the specific types used by the distribution, and exports them. It is using Sub::Exporter underneath, so you can use all the shenanigans to change the export names. Current types defined and exported: o "Cooking" - a simple enum to know what to do about that data o "raw" - data should not be touched o "as_items" - data is to be transformed as Audio::MPD::Common::Item o "as_kv" - data is to be cooked as key/values (hash) o "strip_first" - data should have its first field stripped o "Transform" - a simple enum to know what to do about the data, after it has been cooked. Possible values are: o "as_scalar" - return the first element instead of the full list o "as_stats" - transform the data from key/value to "Audio::MPD::Common::Stats" o "as_status" - transform the data from key/value to "Audio::MPD::Common::Status" AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2007 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-15 POE::Component::Client::MPD::Types(3pm)