Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users About to give up on XEmacs 21.5.29 Post 302519467 by petermc on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 05:24:04 AM
Old 05-04-2011
Here is some other relevant information

cat /etc/*-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4 (Tikanga)

rpm -qa | grep xemacs
xemacs-devel-21.5.29-12.el5.1
xemacs-common-21.5.29-12.el5.1
xemacs-el-21.5.29-12.el5.1
xemacs-info-21.5.27-8.el5.kb
xemacs-21.5.29-12.el5.1
xemacs-packages-base-20090217-4.el5

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

xemacs

Hi Folks, Would like to download the xemacs editor for C. I searched the xemacs site but i donno the exact place of download. Can any one pass the URL or way to go thru and download the editor? Thanks in Advance, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xemacs and emacs

Hi guys What is the difference between Xemacs and emacs. I assumed Xemacs runs only in X11. What about in Linux on KDE? Am I running Xemacs or emacs. Well it says emacs though. What is the advantage of one over other? What can I run on OS X ? SS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurya_s
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xemacs colors for C files

xemacs uses default colors for coloring C files how can I change those colors. I could only manage the default background and foreground colors and that too using .Xdefaults file changes. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotnis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display ^M in xemacs

Sorry, this has probably been posted before, but my searches turn up nothing, and I have tried. using a cygwin distro of xemacs The default is NOT to display CR characters (I expect to see them as ^M). I want to change this so they do show up. Can you tell me please, what command to issue?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott1256ca
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with make file for etags to use it with xemacs

I am trying to generate tags for .cpp & .h source code. Here is the structure of the codes Root/X/src/ Root/X/include/ Root/Y/src/ Root/Y/include/ How do I generate TAGs from ROOT directory such that, when I am working on code under X/src I can access function defined in Y/src/ area? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sofiandros
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

enable xemacs buffer tabs

I need some help configuring xemacs to enable buffer tabs. please, anybody, could walk me through on how to configure xemacs for this. Thank You. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xemacs bindings help

Hi all , I would like to have a new binding so that if im having the cursur on a word, one shortcut click (say f3) whould find the next occurrence of the word in the text and so one. what is the right bind for it ? I tried but its wrong. thanks ! Zvika (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zismad
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XEmacs compilation errors not understandable

Hi all! I am new to this forum. I have recently installed Cygwin and XEmacs on my laptop running Windows Vista. I am studing at the moment and the code I am creating is mainly for that purpose. I am trying to create the algorithm of Insertion sort. When I compile my code in XEmacs i get some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlueTower
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace and increment in xemacs 21.4

I am trying to replace and increment a lot of TEST_FONC_1 entries in my file with TEST_FONC_2 then TEST_FONC_3..... I'm trying to use replace regexp but it doesn't work I have tried replace _+ with _\,(1+ \#&) but it doesn't work. it find the entries but it replace it with the text... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toug
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)

NAME
       dh_installemacsen - register an Emacs add on package

SYNOPSIS
       dh_installemacsen [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [--flavor=foo]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_installemacsen is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian emacsen-common package into package
       build directories.

It also automatically generates the preinst postinst and prerm commands needed to register a package as an Emacs add on package. The
       commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works.

FILES
       debian/package.emacsen-compat
	   Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/compat/package in the package build directory.

debian/package.emacsen-install
	   Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/package in the package build directory.

debian/package.emacsen-remove
	   Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/package in the package build directory.

debian/package.emacsen-startup
	   Installed into etc/emacs/site-start.d/50package.el in the package build directory. Use --priority to use a different priority than 50.

OPTIONS
       -n, --no-scripts
	   Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts.

--priority=n
	   Sets the priority number of a site-start.d file. Default is 50.

--flavor=foo
	   Sets the flavor a site-start.d file will be installed in. Default is emacs, alternatives include xemacs and emacs20.

NOTES
       Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple
       instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7) "usr/share/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz"

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)