Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unzipping the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unzipping the file Post 302519453 by weknowd on Wednesday 4th of May 2011 03:50:46 AM
Old 05-04-2011
Unzipping the file

I have my folder structure like a file a.zip is placed in one folder.
Inside a.zip is two other zip files x.zip and y.zip
If i unzip x.zip i have folder a folder z and inside folder z there are different folders with event time appended to it.
Inside the every event folder ,I have a sub folder which is containing the actual zip files to be unzipped.
Please let me know how the above procedure can be put in shell script.

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzipping .zip file on HP and Solaris

I am transferring a large .zip file (20 GB) from an NT server to HP-UX and Solaris servers. Originally I tried to use info-zip's unzip, but I found out pretty quickly that it does not support files over 4GB. Any suggestions on how to work around this problem? Different decompression utility?... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it

How to search a pattern inside a zipped file ie (.gz file) with out unzipping it? using grep command.. Bit urgent.. pls..help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senraj01
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading a zipped file without unzipping it?

Dear all, I would like to ask how i can read a zipped file (file.gz) without actually unzipping it? i think there is a way to do so but i can't remember it.. can anyone help? thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marwan
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Alter zip file without unzipping

I have some zip files. Every file has a "folder/xml file" inside it. Is there any way to change these zip files directly without unzipping them. I want to convert these zip files to "/xml file" (want to move the xml file/s one root up by removing the folder inside it.) Ex: -bash-3.00$ for file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _prasad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping latest zip file by name.

I have these zip files that come in with the same name, but different versions. We'll say: SQL_version2.zip SQL_version3.zip SQL_version2432.zip I was wondering if there is a single command (or even piped command, thus still making it a single command) that will let me unzip the latest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

6. Linux

unzipping file > 2gb

I am not able to unzip file greater then 2gb, Any suggestions how to do that in linux? Regards, Manoj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping a file in Solaris - Issue with xls file

Hi, I have an excel file generated by system in windows. I am zipping it, transfering to unix and unzipping there. But i'm getting below output while unzipping. $ /usr/bin/unzip -a 123.zip -d . Archive: 123.zip inflating: ./123/Index.xls When i copy this unzipped xls file to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking if file exists and unzipping

Hey, I am new to scripting and was wondering what is wrong with this if statement. I want to check if file exists and the if it does to unzip it. I program it as follows if ; then gunzip *_filename.gz fi Thanks in advance! Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mostarac2487
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzipping .Z file in UNIX

Hi , How can I unzip a .Z file in Unix? Thanks and regards, Anupam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when unzipping a file with extension .gz

I am trying to unzip a file with name D_R_38957222_20111410.txt.gz using the below command. gunzip D_R_38957222_20111410.txt.gz However, I am getting the following error while using the gunzip command as below... gunzip: D_R_38957222_20111410.txt.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
24 Replies
refile(1mh)															       refile(1mh)

Name
       refile - file message in other folders

Syntax
       refile [ msgs ] [ +folder ] [ options ]

Description
       Use  the  command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder.  You can refile messages in more than one folder
       by giving multiple folder names as arguments.

If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled.  You can refile a message other than the current  message  by  giving  its
       number  as  a msgs argument.  You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of
       message numbers, or a message sequence.	See for more information on sequences.

The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes  current.   Normally,  the
       last message specified becomes the current message.  However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed.

If  the	Previous-Sequence:  entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, will also define
       those sequences for the destination folders.  See for information concerning the previous sequence.

Options
       -draft	 Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your folder, if you have one set up.  You cannot give a msgs  argument  when
		 you use this option.

-file filename
		 Moves	a  file into a folder.	This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message
		 in the folder.  The file must be formatted as a legal mail message.  This means that the message must	have  the  minimum  header
		 fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-link
       -nolink	 Keeps	a copy of the message in the source folder.  Normally, removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them.
		 The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder.

-preserve
       -nopreserve
		 Preserves the number of a message in the new folder.  Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to  the
		 next  available number in that folder.  The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had
		 been in the old.

You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care.

-src +folder
		 Specifies the source folder to take messages from.  Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into  another  folder.
		 However, you can take messages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder.

Examples
       The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder
       % refile 3 5 +records

The next example files the current message into two folders:
       % refile +jones +map

The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the folder.  The message remains in the current folder as well as
       appearing in the folder.
       % refile -link 13 +test

The next example takes a message from the folder when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder
       % refile 3 -src +test +outbox

Profile Components
       Path:		 To determine your Mail directory

Folder-Protect:	 To set protections when creating a new folder
       rmmproc: 	 Program to delete the message

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh), mark(1mh), mh_profile(5mh)

refile(1mh)