Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Log Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log Script Post 302519344 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 05:59:05 PM
Old 05-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonC
Sort of actually the reverse, I am tailing the log and those are key words I do not want to see
I am filtering them out of the tail.
Well..... there's always a '-v' option to combine with.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am running a script where i need to run another command in a particular folder which I do not have access so I need to login as su to that folder and run that script...what are the options I need so that I can skip interactive mode ..here is what I tried.. #! /usr/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Search Script

Hi, I am trying to write a script to search a log- IPaddress being the search criteria, I would ideally like the script to ask the ipaddress Enter IP address - 244.258.27.225 And the ideal result would be for the script to get all the entries in the log file for a particular IP address,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuzion.hyd
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Log Rotate

Hello, I only know the basic for shell programing. I need help for this, I thinks this is a basic for anyone who know a litle of shell scripting. I need creat a script for a rotatate logs, when a filesystem is full. I have a filesystem. The rotate consist in zip the current log (copy) and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: El Rengo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Script

Can we write any command/Script....to find out the data in a log file for last 5 mins? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpaamu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

log file script

I have a log which is configured as follows: date time code1 notes: code2 A monthly job is run based on information supplied from this log. The end of each monthly job is clearly indicated by a code within 'code1'. At this time someone is performing a less on the log, moving to the end,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwatlington
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Script to monitor /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log file

AM in need of some plugin/script that can monitor HP-UX file "/var/opt/resmon/log/event.log" . Have written a scrip in sh shell that is working fine for syslog.log and mail.log as having standard format, have interrogated that to Nagios and is working as I required . But same script failed to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a rotate log script

Hi all, Am trying to write my own log rotate script. Curremtly, what I have is as below: #!/bin/ksh file_to_rotate=${1} x=${2} while ] do let curr=${x} let prev=${x}-1 if ] ; then #echo "cp -p ${file_to_rotate} ${file_to_rotate}.${curr}" cp -p... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read a log file and run 2nd script if the dates match

# cat /tmp/checkdate.log SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.1.0 Production on Mon Sep 17 22:49:00 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.1.0.7.0 - 64bit Production FIRST_TIME NEXT_TIME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SarwalR
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script function to use script name for log file output

Hi Team - I"m very new to Shell Scripting so I have a rather novice question. My forte is Windows Batch Scripting so I was just wondering what the Shell Script equivalent is to the DOS command %~n? %~n is a DOS variable that dispayed the script name. For instance (in DOS): REM... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script newbie- how to generate service log from shell script

Hi, I am totally a newbie to any programming languages and I just started an entry level job in an IT company. One of my recent tasks is to create a script that is able to show the log file of linux service (i.e. ntpd service) lets say, if I run my script ./test.sh, the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaogeji
3 Replies
Log::Any::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Log::Any::Test(3pm)

NAME
Log::Any::Test -- Test what you're logging with Log::Any SYNOPSIS
use Test::More; use Log::Any::Test; # should appear before 'use Log::Any'! use Log::Any qw($log); # ... # call something that logs using Log::Any # ... # now test to make sure you logged the right things $log->contains_ok(qr/good log message/, "good message was logged"); $log->does_not_contain_ok(qr/unexpected log message/, "unexpected message was not logged"); $log->empty_ok("no more logs"); # or my $msgs = $log->msgs; cmp_deeply($msgs, [{message => 'msg1', level => 'debug'}, ...]); DESCRIPTION
"Log::Any::Test" is a simple module that allows you to test what has been logged with Log::Any. Most of its API and implementation have been taken from Log::Any::Dispatch. Using "Log::Any::Test" sends all subsequent Log::Any log messages to a single global in-memory buffer. It should be used before Log::Any. METHODS
The test_name is optional in the *_ok methods; a reasonable default will be provided. msgs () Returns the current contents of the global log buffer as an array reference, where each element is a hash containing a category, level, and message key. e.g. { category => 'Foo', level => 'error', message => 'this is an error' }, { category => 'Bar::Baz', level => 'debug', message => 'this is a debug' } contains_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that a message in the log buffer matches $regex. On success, the message is removed from the log buffer (but any other matches are left untouched). does_not_contain_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that no message in the log buffer matches $regex. empty_ok ([$test_name]) Tests that there is no log buffer left. On failure, the log buffer is cleared to limit further cascading failures. contains_only_ok ($regex[, $test_name]) Tests that there is a single message in the log buffer and it matches $regex. On success, the message is removed. clear () Clears the log buffer. SEE ALSO
Log::Any, Test::Log::Dispatch AUTHOR
Jonathan Swartz COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright (C) 2009 Jonathan Swartz, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-08 Log::Any::Test(3pm)