Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? In case you are in need of nerdy T-Shirt inscriptions Post 302519225 by bakunin on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 11:07:20 AM
Old 05-03-2011
In case you are in need of nerdy T-Shirt inscriptions

Sysadmins seem to have a universal liking for T-Shirts with some nerd-humour written on it. Here are two highlights i ran across:

Code:
/bb|[^b]\{2\}/

(Shakespeare: "2 b or NOT 2 b")

The second one is SQL, but pretty self-explanatory once you try the gesture with your own hand:

Code:
SELECT finger
FROM hand
WHERE id=3;

bakunin
These 3 Users Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies
SET 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands SET ROLE(7) NAME
SET ROLE - set the current user identifier of the current session SYNOPSIS
SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] ROLE rolename SET [ SESSION | LOCAL ] ROLE NONE RESET ROLE DESCRIPTION
This command sets the current user identifier of the current SQL session to be rolename. The role name can be written as either an identi- fier or a string literal. After SET ROLE, permissions checking for SQL commands is carried out as though the named role were the one that had logged in originally. The specified rolename must be a role that the current session user is a member of. (If the session user is a superuser, any role can be selected.) The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers act the same as for the regular SET [set(7)] command. The NONE and RESET forms reset the current user identifier to be the current session user identifier. These forms can be executed by any user. NOTES
Using this command, it is possible to either add privileges or restrict one's privileges. If the session user role has the INHERITS attribute, then it automatically has all the privileges of every role that it could SET ROLE to; in this case SET ROLE effectively drops all the privileges assigned directly to the session user and to the other roles it is a member of, leaving only the privileges available to the named role. On the other hand, if the session user role has the NOINHERITS attribute, SET ROLE drops the privileges assigned directly to the session user and instead acquires the privileges available to the named role. In particular, when a superuser chooses to SET ROLE to a non-superuser role, she loses her superuser privileges. SET ROLE has effects comparable to SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION [set_session_authorization(7)], but the privilege checks involved are quite different. Also, SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION determines which roles are allowable for later SET ROLE commands, whereas changing roles with SET ROLE does not change the set of roles allowed to a later SET ROLE. SET ROLE does not process session variables as specified by the role's ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)] settings; this only happens during login. SET ROLE cannot be used within a SECURITY DEFINER function. EXAMPLES
SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | peter SET ROLE 'paul'; SELECT SESSION_USER, CURRENT_USER; session_user | current_user --------------+-------------- peter | paul COMPATIBILITY
PostgreSQL allows identifier syntax ("rolename"), while the SQL standard requires the role name to be written as a string literal. SQL does not allow this command during a transaction; PostgreSQL does not make this restriction because there is no reason to. The SESSION and LOCAL modifiers are a PostgreSQL extension, as is the RESET syntax. SEE ALSO
SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION [set_session_authorization(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SET ROLE(7)