Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Long line displayed as multiple lines in Outlook. Please help! Post 302519223 by purdym on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 11:02:53 AM
Old 05-03-2011
Try sending the email as html, not plain text.

My html emails display as you want; my plain text emails wrap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting the line in multiple lines

Hi Guys, I need a help. I am pretty new to the shell level programing. I was trying to split a long lines to a multiple lines with few conditions. I goggle for the code and found some snippets and tried to modified it but I got few strange problems too. I have to split the lines if line is ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dd_sh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data displayed in two lines

Hi, I am a newbie to both Linux and this forum. I was trying to pull out the data from a database but it is not showing up in the multiple lines, with my limited knowledge i linux u tried to format this but wasn't exactly getting what i wanted. The screenshot below shows my problem. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ninjaa
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines into one line

Hi all I have a file with these lines good gone home What code do you need to put this on one line like this good gone home (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawaiifiver
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Long line displayed as multiple lines in Outlook. Please help!

When a file generated by a shell script is sent as a mail (not an attachment), in MS Outlook, single lines of the file are displayed as two/three lines (as the lines are long). Is there a way to make each line to be displayed in 'single line with scroll bar' to enable viewing of the long line? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Outlook spooled file data is not getting displayed properly

I am fetching a database table in spool file and send that details as a email. The Spooled file content is properly being displayed in UNIX. See Example below : ID|FILENAME |ABCDEF_DT |PROCESSED_DT |STATUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi_007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines to one line when line starts with and ends with

example: comment Now_TB.table column errac is for error messages 1 - first 2 - second 3 -third ; in this example I need to be able to grab the comment as first word and ; as the last word and it might span a few lines. I need it to be put all in one line without line breaks so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wambli
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines in one line

Hi guys, So i have a input file with several sequences aligned (fasta) >NC_005930 241 bp MNMINIFIINNIFDQFIPVKLSIFSLTSVGSIIA LSWVWINTKTHWAISRSNTP-SLLLNSL WTLLITNL-NEKTNPWAPWLFSLFLLCFSFNIMSLI-PYTF-SQ TSHLSFTFGLSLPIWIMVNIAGFKNNWKKKISHLLPQGTPIYLVPVMII IETISLFIQPLTLGFRLGANLLAGHLLIFLCSCTIWE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreia
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set the number of lines to be displayed on nedit!!

Dear Help, I have been encountering a strange problem. When I run a shell script, I do expect the output number of lines to be 12000 and it runs fine on one my linux w/s.But it just terminate at line 2704 on another linux machine. I have put 'nedit text.file' at the last part of the script,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the first line for each multiple lines

Hi all, i need help to extract each first line from multiple lines occurrences based on different patterns (name) starting from the fourth lines like follows:- // header 1 header 2 header 3 // no acc name score rank //... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break one long string into multiple fixed length lines

This is actually a KSH under Unix System Services (Z/OS), but hoping I can get a standard AIX/KSH solution to work... I have a very large, single line file in Windows, that we download via FTP, with the "SITE WRAP" option, into a Z/OS file with an LRECL of 200. This essentially breaks the single... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubbawuzhere
4 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep - search a file for a pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Grep searches the input files (standard input default) for lines (with newlines excluded) that match the pattern, a regular expression as defined in regexp(6). Normally, each line matching the pattern is `selected', and each selected line is copied to the standard output. The options are -c Print only a count of matching lines. -h Do not print file name tags (headers) with output lines. -i Ignore alphabetic case distinctions. The implementation folds into lower case all letters in the pattern and input before interpre- tation. Matched lines are printed in their original form. -l (ell) Print the names of files with selected lines; don't print the lines. -L Print the names of files with no selected lines; the converse of -l. -n Mark each printed line with its line number counted in its file. -s Produce no output, but return status. -v Reverse: print lines that do not match the pattern. Output lines are tagged by file name when there is more than one input file. (To force this tagging, include /dev/null as a file name argument.) Care should be taken when using the shell metacharacters $*[^|()= and newline in pattern; it is safest to enclose the entire expression in single quotes '...'. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/grep.c SEE ALSO
ed(1), awk(1), sed(1), sam(1), regexp(6) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is null if any lines are selected, or non-null when no lines are selected or an error occurs. GREP(1)