Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required to find pattern Post 302519184 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 09:39:01 AM
Old 05-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8_usk
Hi All,

I have a oracle code & want to exclude the comments present in the code. Below may be the pattern can be considered for eg.

Code:
-- ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE -- To create

In above sample, First line is full commented line as it starts with "--"
Wheras the second line is starting with code but also it is having comments mentioned after "--". So here my requirement is, I want to find the "--" pattern where ever in line and ignore everything after "--".

Please help.
This should do it.
Code:
 awk -F'--' '{print $1}' $ORACLE_CODE_FILENAME

removing blank lines is left as an exercise for the reader Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep required pattern and next 2 or 3 lines

dear ones pl.kindly help me 1) how to print(grep) required pattern and following 2 or 3 lines. 2) grep required pattern(to print)+above 2 lines+below 2 or 3 lines.from a report file. ex: we have some report file kf askfjsk fksaj fk skf sjfksjd kff sjfkjs kf jskdjfklsd jfklsdf sdkfjsd fsd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Goto each directory and subdirectories and grep the required pattern

Hi All, I need your help in finding pattern from files present in different directories. I need to search for a pattern "xyz" from "*.txt" files which are present in different levels of directories as shown. example ------- dir1/subdir1/file.txt dir2/subdir2/subsubdir2/file.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep help required to find pattern

Hi All, Can some one please help me how to grep the comments from "oracle" & "sybase" code. I would like to grep below type of pattern. -- /* */ Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern matching help required

Hi I am trying to pattern match with sed, if it finds a match I need it to insert characters at the 28th position, its working but its also adding an extra space and I don't know why, below is the code. sed 's/715023044/\n&/g' $asn | sed '/^71502304413-000/s/./B4/28' | sed -e :a -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk : to grep only required pattern disk

Hi Experts, Need help with the following: Desired output: Only want to get the output marked in green. The file: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/disk/disk4704 PV Status available Total PE 6399 Free PE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching and printing only required pattern

Hi all, i am trying to count the number of logical processors from the below output: # print_manifest | grep "logical processors" 8 cores, 16 logical processors per socket 2 logical processors (2 per socket) i just want to have below output : 16 2 also... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in searching of pattern.

i m searching a zone file my domain name is abcd.com my zone file looks like this. abcd.com. IN SOA ns1.abcd.com. root.abcd.com. ( abcd.com. 400 IN A 15.1.1.1 Then i am searching that abcd.com have if below ip... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies
INSTR(3)						       MBK UTILITY FUNCTIONS							  INSTR(3)

NAME
instr - find an occurence of a string in a string, starting at a specified character. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSYS
#include "mut.h" char *instr(s, find, from) char *s, *find, from; PARAMETERS
s Pointer to the string to be searched for the pattern find Pointer to the string to be found, the pattern from Character to be searched backwards before searching for the pattern DESCRIPTION
instr searches the first occurence of the string find in the string s, starting its search at the last occurence of the from character in the string s. If either s or find is NULL, the function returns NULL. If from is (char)0, the pattern is searched from the begining of s. This quite exotic behaviour is useful to search the occurence of a name in a string resulting from a flatten, when only a terminal object name is to be taken into account. RETURN VALUES
instr return NULL either if the pattern find is not present in the searched string s, or if one at least of these two string are NULL. If the pattern is found, a value different from NULL is returned. EXAMPLE
#include "mut.h" /* check for the pattern 'ck' anywhere in the string */ #define contains_ck(name)instr(name, "ck", ' ') /* check for the pattern 'ck' in the signal name, not instance ones */ #define isclock(ptsig) instr(getsigname(ptsig), "ck", SEPAR) SEE ALSO
mbk(1), isvdd(3), isvss(3). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 INSTR(3)