Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to understand ps output. Post 302519156 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 06:59:44 AM
Old 05-03-2011
Not all keys are available for sorting, try
Code:
--sort sz

Last edited by Skrynesaver; 05-03-2011 at 08:00 AM.. Reason: Can't spell wurth a damn

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to understand associative nature of awk arrays

About associative nature of awk arrays i'm still confused, not able to understand yet how array element can be accessed based on a string, I got one example at gawk manual to illustrate associative nature of awk arrays, it goes here: Codeawk ' # Print list of word frequencies { for (i = 1;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to understand a awk code

i am not able to understand the following code for awk: $awk -F"|" '{ kount++} >END { for (desig in kount) > print desig,kount }' emp.list the input file i.e. emp.list is :: 3432| p.k.agrwal |g.m |sales 4566|g.l.sharma |director|production 3433|r shah | g.m | production... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: streetfi8er
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to understand disk layout and where are the free space

Hi I am unable to understand the disk layout of one of my disk attached to v240. This is newly installed system from jumpstart. I am unable to see the free space on backup slice 2 and there are 0 to 8 slices listed when I run format and print the disk info, also there is no reference of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand the output of last command

root@desktop:~# last reboot | head -1 reboot system boot 2.6.31-17-generi Tue Jan 26 12:05 - 13:52 (01:46) What does the last two fields(12:05 - 13:52 (01:46)) of the output mean? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to understand if condition

Hi geeks, I am trying to understand below if statement. can someone please explain me meaning of if condition. if ] then echo -e "1" fi Thanks Please use CODE tags. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to understand this output

I am hitting this command: dvlna021-(/cm/ims/dev/gds-scheduler/10/app/Software/active/Soft/conf)->ls -lrt gds_userenv_* This is the output lrwxrwxrwx 1 aimse was 65 Jul 31 12:56 gds_userenv_scheduler_2.ksh -> /cm/ims/dev/gds-scheduler/10/app/conf/gds_userenv_scheduler_2.ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to understand awk script.

Hi below is the samll awk script which i am not able to understand properly. here a bit confusion in 2nd line for me 1. why *\ is not used before . in second line as it was used in first line *\$*\. */ 2. why always \ is used in every first line 3. is there any specific meaning... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to understand RAID PARTITION

Hi i am studying about raid partion.i am not able to understand RAID level 5. below is excerpt taken from tutorial. RAID level 5 are they trying to say that the will be one extra disk which contain all the data. let says there are 4 disk. out of 4 , 3 disk are used for storing data and... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unable to understand the output of TRUSS command

Hi, I am trying to set ulimit for soft stack unlimited, but this is not taking effect, after tracing the ulimit -a unlimited command, the below output was generated, which i am unable to comprehend. Could any one help me with this? prcbap1-r10prod: truss -d ulimit -s unlimited Tue Dec 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NasirAbbasi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand script output

New to korn shel1 and having an issue. The following is suppose to read the parameter values from files in a source directory and then pass them on to a log file in a different directory, The ArchiveTracker scripts is suppose to call the parameterreader script to exact the parameter values and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
3 Replies
SORT(3) 								 1								   SORT(3)

sort - Sort an array

SYNOPSIS
bool sort (array &$array, [int $sort_flags = SORT_REGULAR]) DESCRIPTION
This function sorts an array. Elements will be arranged from lowest to highest when this function has completed. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $sort_flags - The optional second parameter $sort_flags may be used to modify the sorting behavior using these values: Sorting type flags: o SORT_REGULAR - compare items normally (don't change types) o SORT_NUMERIC - compare items numerically o SORT_STRING - compare items as strings o SORT_LOCALE_STRING - compare items as strings, based on the current locale. It uses the locale, which can be changed using setlocale(3) o SORT_NATURAL - compare items as strings using "natural ordering" like natsort(3) o SORT_FLAG_CASE - can be combined (bitwise OR) with SORT_STRING or SORT_NATURAL to sort strings case-insensitively RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | Added support for SORT_NATURAL and | | | SORT_FLAG_CASE as $sort_flags | | | | | 5.0.2 | | | | | | | Added SORT_LOCALE_STRING | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 sort(3) example <?php $fruits = array("lemon", "orange", "banana", "apple"); sort($fruits); foreach ($fruits as $key => $val) { echo "fruits[" . $key . "] = " . $val . " "; } ?> The above example will output: fruits[0] = apple fruits[1] = banana fruits[2] = lemon fruits[3] = orange The fruits have been sorted in alphabetical order. Example #2 sort(3) example using case-insensitive natural ordering <?php $fruits = array( "Orange1", "orange2", "Orange3", "orange20" ); sort($fruits, SORT_NATURAL | SORT_FLAG_CASE); foreach ($fruits as $key => $val) { echo "fruits[" . $key . "] = " . $val . " "; } ?> The above example will output: fruits[0] = Orange1 fruits[1] = orange2 fruits[2] = Orange3 fruits[3] = orange20 The fruits have been sorted like natcasesort(3). NOTES
Note This function assigns new keys to the elements in $array. It will remove any existing keys that may have been assigned, rather than just reordering the keys. Note Like most PHP sorting functions, sort(3) uses an implementation of Quicksort. The pivot is chosen in the middle of the partition resulting in an optimal time for already sorted arrays. This is however an implementation detail you shouldn't rely on. Warning Be careful when sorting arrays with mixed types values because sort(3) can produce unpredictable results. SEE ALSO
asort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions. PHP Documentation Group SORT(3)