Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX When MTU changed, system panic occured Post 302519109 by zoldkalap on Tuesday 3rd of May 2011 04:25:55 AM
Old 05-03-2011
When MTU changed, system panic occured

Hello
I have some hpux 11.23/31 systems ,and some other (linux,solaris)
I know if i want change the mtu size ,need use lanadmin.
But:if i try on 11.23 : ifconfig lan1 mtu 8000,system paniced.
If i try on 11.31 :ifconfig lan1 mtu 8000,remove ip address from interface.

Ithink is not a best solution .
a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Variable to be changed

All Iam facing the following error in AIX when i try to run an executable. The error is: FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, SQO Memory Management, sqlocshr2, probe:200 CALLED : OS, -, shmat OSERR : EMFILE (24) "The process file table is full." DATA #1 : Memory set handle, PD_TYPE_OSS_MEM_SET_HDL, 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

2. Solaris

MTU Value

Hi guys, Do anyone know how to change the MTU value on an interface on Solaris 10 server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What is system panic?

Hello experts.. What is system panic? If a system is in that state.. what will happen? Why is it goes to panic condition? Just give me information about Panic condition.. How can i resolve this issue..? If you know any links(URL) or Books...? replay me back.... Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

4. AIX

Disabling saving of system dump while kernel panic

Hi, Is there an option to disable saving of system dump when a user invokes a kernel panic using sysdumpstart command. Also, is there any other way of invoking a kernel panic other than using sysdumpstart? Thanks, Kanna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive

Hi, I am experiencing frequent system hangs, hard kernel panics, etc almost thrice a day. The system would be totally unresponsive and the only way is to reboot is hard power recycling (plug out the power cable and plug in back after 30 secs). I enabled kdump, but unfortunately the kdump files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: massoo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv file field needs to be changed current system date with awk

HI, I have csv file with records as shown below. 4102,Bangalore,G10,21,08/17/2011 09:28:33:188,99,08/17/2011 09:27:33:881,08/17/2011... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
1 Replies

8. Linux

System Went panic after CPU usage high

Hi All, Yesterday my Linux server went panic and even a small command took a lot of time to run. When i monitored pl find the below output Cpu(s): 0.1%us, 98.4%sy, 0.0%ni, 1.5%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st the time spent on kernel mode is 98 % and also idle time is around 1.5 %...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
synos(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							  synos(1)

NAME
synos - guess operating system from TCP SYN fingerprint SYNOPSIS
synos [--mtu mtu] [--db path] syn-fingerprint DESCRIPTION
synos takes a SYN fingerprint, in the format described for the CLIENT_SYNFP environment variable in the avenger(1) man page, and outputs a guess as to the type of the client operating system. synos makes use of the OpenBSD SYN fingerprint database (which is also repackaged with Mail Avenger). OPTIONS --mtu val Certain operating systems set the initial TCP window size based on the maximum transmission unit, or MTU, of the network. For such operating systems, synos usually checks the window size using both the client's MSS option plus 40 bytes (for TCP and IP headers), or a hard-coded MTU, which defaults to 1,500 bytes. If either value works, the fingerprint is considered to match the operating system. You can change the value 1,500 by specifying this option. A value of 0 tells synos to use only the value derived from the MSS option. --db file Specifies an alternate location for the SYN fingerprint database. FILES
/usr/local/share/pf.os Default location of SYN fingerprint database. SEE ALSO
avenger(1), asmtpd(8) The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. The OpenBSD home page: <http://www.openbsd.org/>. BUGS
The operating system type is determined by heuristics that are not always reliable. Moreover, not all operating systems can be distinguished. The database may not even contain a client's particular operating system and version. It is not hard to fool synos deliberately by changing TCP socket options or injecting raw packets onto the network. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 synos(1)