Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing information in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing information in perl Post 302518643 by durden_tyler on Saturday 30th of April 2011 10:01:28 PM
Old 04-30-2011
Code:
#sh ip traffic | perl -lne 'print $1 if /(\d+) bad hop count/'

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML parsing by PERL

i have a HTML report file..its in attachment(a part of the whole report is attached..name "input html.doc").also its source is attached in "report source code.txt" i just want to seperate the datas like in first line it should be.. NHTEST-3848498958-NHTEST-10.2-no-baloo a and so on for whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: parsing variables

I have the following script: #!/usr/bin/perl -w @files = <*.csv>; foreach $file (@files) { open(FH, $file); my @dt = split(/_|.csv/, $file); while (<FH>) { chomp; print $dt . $dt . ",$_\n"; } close(FH); } This script reads in all csv files in the current directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. Programming

Parsing a string in PERL

I have an extractfile (with fields delimited by pipes '|') and I want to prepend a counter based on the below requirements: - The counter starts at 3. - The counter increments only if the date (67th field of the extractfile) is different. Below is what I started off with: $cnt=2;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant get perl to pull information right

Hello, I cant get the perl script to pull the information from Sark DNS 4.X Options ACL Templates= and other= Can someone look at the script to see why and fix it please. FYI..Under Sark DNS 4.x ACL Templates= and other= has an indent/tab, not sure if thats the reason my the script... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script parsing Help

Hi All, I am looking for a parsing in perl script which will parse DJEČJI SVIJET. There is a unicode character above character C. How to parse the total DJEČJI SVIJET in perl. Regards, Harikrishna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl log parsing help

Hello, I'm sure this is a very simple problem, but I'm having trouble thinking of an efficient way to do the following: given a large centralized ssh-log, one file on a syslog server, not separated by machines (I wish it were), that looks something like this: Sep 27 16:20:56 machine-name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: droog72
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing argument in perl

in bash: LIST=`cat $1` for i in $LIST do ... done how will i do this in perl ? $1 is my first arguement. I'm a newbie in perl and will appreciate much your help guys ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
4 Replies

9. Programming

Adding information to c file using perl

Hi, I have c file which contains more number of tests. two or more tests in one c file. I have the XMl data regarding tests. i need to add this xml data to c file at before the test. I know which file having which test and i created hash table for that. so the problem is i have to add information... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing an input in perl

I am executing a command it is returning me something like this name ip port ------------------------------------ http-listener-1 * 6712 http-listener-2 * 8709 I have a subroutine getListenerName($porttobeChecked) This subroutine returns me the name of the listener if i pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)