Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh Multiple Pattern Matching Operators Post 302518564 by rdcwayx on Saturday 30th of April 2011 09:00:57 AM
Old 04-30-2011
In fact, your command is good enough.

Code:
echo "/dir1/dir2/dir3/filename.stuff.morestuff.garbage" |awk -F "[/.]" '{print $(NF-3),$(NF-2),$(NF-1)}' OFS="."

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh pattern matching

I try to use the pattern substitution operators as documented in the O'Reilley "Learning the Korn Shell" but it doesn't seem to work as advertised. This works all right: var='Regular expressions rules!' $ echo ${var//e/#} R#gular #xpr#ssions rul#s! The docs says that using !(expr)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in ksh

In the Korn shell is it possible to truncate a pattern like this: - ) ]] So that it is not necessary to enter 8 times? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching over multiple lines and deleting the first

I've got a longish log file with content such as Uplink traffic: Downlink traffic: I want to parse the log file and remove any line that contains the string "Uplink traffic:" at the beginning of the line, but only if the line following it beginnings with the string "Downlink traffic:" (in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yorkie99
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl basic multiple pattern matching

Hi everyone, and thank you for your help with this. I am VERY new with perl so all of your help is appreciated. I have tried google but as I don't know the proper terms to search for and could be daunting for a newbie scripter... I know this is very easy for most of you! Thanks! I have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinusoid
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED multiple pattern matching

Hello sorry for the probably simple question - searching about the forums and Internet, I have not found the answer. Could you tell me please how to do a multiple pattern match with SED So it would be SED searching for "PATTERN1" 'or' "PATTERN2" not 'and' if they happen to fall on the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lostincashe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern matching using awk and getting count of lines

Hi , I have a file which has multiple rows of data, i want to match the pattern for two columns and if both conditions satisfied i have to add the counter by 1 and finally print the count value. How to proceed... I tried in this way... awk -F, 'BEGIN {cnt = 0} {if $6 == "VLY278" &&... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with Multiple Pattern String Matching

I am facing a problem and I would be grateful if you can help me :wall: I have a list of words like And I have a datafile like the box of the box of tissues out of of tissues out of the book, the the book, the pen and the the pen and the I want to find Patterns of “x.*x” where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating single pattern for matching multiple files.

Hi friends, I have a some files in a directory. for example 856-abc 856-def 851-abc 945-def 956-abc 852-abc i want to display only those files whose name starts with 856* 945* and 851* using a single pattern. i.e 856-abc 856-def 851-abc 945-def the rest of the two files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies
nfexpire(1)															       nfexpire(1)

NAME
nfanon - netflow anonymisation SYNOPSIS
nfanon [options] DESCRIPTION
nfanon is used to anonymise all IP addresses ( src, dst, next hop, router IP etc. ) in the netflow records using the CryptoPAn (Cryptogra- phy-based Prefix-preserving Anonymization) module. The key -K is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. The key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/cryptopan/ for more information about CryptoPAn. nfanon has several modes of operation. o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M and anonymises the flows in the given files. The input file arguments have the same syntax and meaning as nfdump(1). o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M. All anonymised flows are written to a single file specified by -w. o nfanon works as filter and reads flows from stding and writes the anonymised flows to stdout. OPTIONS
-r inputfile Read input data from inputfile. Default is read from stdin. -R expr Read input from a sequence of files in the same directory. expr may be one of: /any/dir Read recursively all files in directory dir. /dir/file Read all files beginning with file. /dir/file1:file2 Read all files from file1 to file2. Note: files are read in alphabetical sequence. -M expr Read input from multiple directories. expr looks like: /any/path/to/dir1:dir2:dir3 etc. and will be expanded to the directories: /any/path/to/dir1, /any/path/to/dir2 and /any/path/to/dir3 Any number of colon separated directories may be given. The files to read are specified by -r or -R and are expected to exist in all the given directories. The options -r and -R must not contain any directory part when used in conjunction with -M. -w outputfile If specified writes anonymised netflow records to outputfile. -K key The key is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 No error. 255 Initialization failed. 250 Internal error. NOTES
None. SEE ALSO
nfdump(1) BUGS
2009-09-09 nfexpire(1)