Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conversion of spaces Text file into CSV format file Post 302518451 by ctsgnb on Friday 29th of April 2011 04:32:07 PM
Old 04-29-2011
Code:
sed 's/./,/24;s/./,/73;s/./,/81;s/./,/87;s/./,/121;s/ *, */,/g' fixedinputfile >output.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of .xls file to .csv file

Hi Folks, I've to convert manually couple of *.xls files to *.csv files everyday :( so i was just wondering if anyone could just help me with a shell script or awk script to automate the process :) PS : Problem is that i cannot use any third party software for the conversion. Thanking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaturvedi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file to csv conversion

Hi Guy's can someone help me in converting the following I have a flat text file which has several thousand lines which I need to convert to a csv it's got a consistent format but basically want every time it hit's txt to create a new line with the subsequent lines comma delimited for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1_ben
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cleaning up spaces from fixed width file while converting to csv file

Open to a sed/awk/or perl alternative so that i can stick command into my bash script. This is a problem I resolve using a combination of cut commands - but that is getting convoluted. So would really appreciate it if someone could provide a better solution which basically replaces all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svn
3 Replies

4. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

conversion of spaces into CSV format file

INput file attached in thread : Column widths at 24,73,82,87,121 characters (sed 's/./,/24;s/./,/73;s/./,/81;s/./,/87;s/./,/121;s/ *, */,/g' fixedinputfile >output.csv ). The client wants instead of hard coding the column widths as they are not fixed .he has given the hint stating that ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of xhtml data into csv format using dump utility

Hi Unix Gurus, I tried to convert the attached xhtml table content into csv file using unix shell script (lynx -dump filename) and got the below results: Title ID Owner Priority Estimate Project Change Date Changed By Complexity Create Date Created By Detail Estimate Total De tail... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bi.infa
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format problem while converting text file to csv

Hi , I need a help in following scenario.I tried searching in google but couldn't able to find the exact answer. Sorry if i am re-posting already answered query. While i am trying to convert into log file into csv i couldn't able to get the format which i am looking for. I converted file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Conversion of Binary csv file

Hello, I have a binary csv file that was created on 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6'. Now we have transferred all files on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS/xenial On opening the file in Ubuntu, there are special characters ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
8 Replies