Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what is the default return type of localtime() in perl? Post 302518243 by alister on Friday 29th of April 2011 02:58:39 AM
Old 04-29-2011
If you run the commands a few times over the course of at most 60 seconds, you can probably decipher the format yourself. Smilie

Their respective man pages have the answers as well.

localtime - perldoc.perl.org
ctime
asctime
date

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl + localtime()

ok here is a perl date question not asked befor. i know i am feeling small for not knowing. BUT!!!! $ENV{TZ}="US/Central"; ($sec,$min,$hour,$mday,$mon,$year,$wday,$yday,$isdst)=localtime(); how can i do the addition to year so i can get the current year w/o going $ntime=$year+1900;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. Programming

Help - Cast converts default int return type

What does the warning message 724 "Cast converts default int return type to." tell me. I am new to C. (used it some in college). We are migrating our c-code to 10.2.0.3.0. The programs compiled clean. However there were several warning messages that kick out. The most prominent warning is: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtgreen
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command return type

Hi all does find command return anything if the file to be searched is not found? Like if I search from a file in a dir does it return false or null if the file is not found? Please suggests. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL localtime Warning

Hello All, I am facing a warning "Argument "" isn't numeric in localtime at" what i m using is below my $timestamp = Timestamp(time); go_log("###############$timestamp###############"); can some one please suggest the way to avoid this message :confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

date with perl localtime

Hi Experts, I know how to handle normal date changes in perl. Most of my requirement are full filled with following: $date1 = strftime "%Y%m%d",localtime; $date2 = strftime "%Y%m%d",localtime(time -24 * 60 * 60); $date3 = strftime "%Y%m%d",localtime(time +24 * 60 * 60); $date4 = strftime... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtomar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pack and unpack localtime in perl script

Hi I have a code like this: sub WriteEbcdicHeader { my $Htimestamp=localtime();#i need to pack and unpack this my $eheaderline = $Htimestamp; #packing has to be done here #unpacking has to be done after packing print $EOUTFILE return $eheaderline; } sub WriteEbcdicTrailer { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbathena
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl help LocalTime in New Format

Hi, I'm new to perl scripting and am trying it out. I have a file written in the following format: myfile-MMDDYY where MM is the number of the Month; DD the Day and YY the last two of the year... (Apologies for dumbing this down; I'm trying to be clear). There is a new file put onto my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a variable in perl localtime()?

Hi all, a=$1 ## b=`echo "86400 * $a"|bc` `perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime);$now_string = strftime "%d/%m/%Y", localtime(time-$b); print $now_string,"\n";' > date_file` but im always getting current date; can any one suggest me any the improvement the above works fine if i use some thing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zozoo
2 Replies

9. Programming

Struct as return type

Hello all, I am trying to define a function with return type as struct, but seem to be failing. Error I am receiving is following .CC error: prototype for 'RpcHOData L1ITMu::MBLTCollection::getUnassociatedHORpcClusters(double)' does not match any in class 'L1ITMu::MBLTCollection' struct... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emily
1 Replies
LOCALTIME(3)								 1							      LOCALTIME(3)

localtime - Get the local time

SYNOPSIS
array localtime ([int $timestamp = time()], [bool $is_associative = false]) DESCRIPTION
The localtime(3) function returns an array identical to that of the structure returned by the C function call. PARAMETERS
o $timestamp - The optional $timestamp parameter is an integer Unix timestamp that defaults to the current local time if a $timestamp is not given. In other words, it defaults to the value of time(3). o $is_associative - If set to FALSE or not supplied then the array is returned as a regular, numerically indexed array. If the argument is set to TRUE then localtime(3) returns an associative array containing all the different elements of the structure returned by the C func- tion call to localtime. The names of the different keys of the associative array are as follows: o "tm_sec" - seconds, 0 to 59 o "tm_min" - minutes, 0 to 59 o "tm_hour" - hours, 0 to 23 o "tm_mday" - day of the month, 1 to 31 o "tm_mon" - month of the year, 0 (Jan) to 11 (Dec) o "tm_year" - years since 1900 o "tm_wday" - day of the week, 0 (Sun) to 6 (Sat) o "tm_yday" - day of the year, 0 to 365 o "tm_isdst" - is daylight savings time in effect? Positive if yes, 0 if not, negative if unknown. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Every call to a date/time function will generate a E_NOTICE if the time zone is not valid, and/or a E_STRICT or E_WARNING message if using the system settings or the $TZ environment variable. See also date_default_timezone_set(3) CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.0 | | | | | | | Now issues the E_STRICT and E_NOTICE time zone | | | errors. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 localtime(3) example <?php $localtime = localtime(); $localtime_assoc = localtime(time(), true); print_r($localtime); print_r($localtime_assoc); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => 24 [1] => 3 [2] => 19 [3] => 3 [4] => 3 [5] => 105 [6] => 0 [7] => 92 [8] => 1 ) Array ( [tm_sec] => 24 [tm_min] => 3 [tm_hour] => 19 [tm_mday] => 3 [tm_mon] => 3 [tm_year] => 105 [tm_wday] => 0 [tm_yday] => 92 [tm_isdst] => 1 ) SEE ALSO
getdate(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALTIME(3)