Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Locating and Extracting Specific Patterns from a file Post 302518011 by zaxxon on Thursday 28th of April 2011 12:35:21 PM
Old 04-28-2011
I have the + escaped with \. You will have to try out if this is necessary with your sed too; I am on cygwin at the moment so I am not sure.

Code:
$ cat infile
aaa bbb abcdf123@aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:portnumber: ccc ddd

zaxxon@saburac ~
$ sed 's/.* \([^@]\+\)@\([^:]\+\):.*/\1 \2/' infile > newfile

zaxxon@saburac ~
$ cat newfile
abcdf123 aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz

In your case you would use it like:
Code:
tail -f somelog | sed 's/.* \([^@]\+\)@\([^:]\+\):.*/\1 \2/' >> user_ip.out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is extracting specific files from a zip file possible?

If a zip file contains several zip files, but if the file names of the files needed are known, is there a variation of the unzip command that will allow those few (individual) files to be extracted? --- Example: Zip file name: zip.zip unzip -l zip.zip will display file01, file02, file03, etc.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific text from a file

Dear All, I have to extract a a few lines from a log file and I know the starting String and end string(WHich is same ). Is there any simplere way using sed - awk. e.g. from the following file -------------------------------------- Some text Date: 21 Oct 2008 Text to be extracted... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to format file based on specific patterns

Please help me out and drag me out the deadlock I am stuck into: I have a file. I want the statements under a if...then condition be listed in a separate file in the manner condition|statement.Following are the different input pattern and corresponding output parameters.any generic code to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific lines from a file

hi all, i searched in unix.com and accquired the following commands for extracting specific lines from a file .. sed -n '16482,16482p' in.sql > out.sql awk 'NR>=10&&NR<=20' in.sql > out.sql.... these commands are working fine if i give the line numbers as such .. but if i pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting specific files from a tar file in HP-UX

I have tried: tar -xfv mytarfile.tar archive/tabv/* tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xf mytarfile.tar -v --wildcards 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards --no-anchored 'archive/tabv/*' tar -xfv mytarfile.tar --wildcards `archive/tabv/*` and none... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text between two patterns 1 and 2 and pattern2 should be second occurrence of the file

Hi All, I have a small query. I have a file containing the following lines File 1: 29-Jul-2011 GMT Static data requires update <Extraction should start here> ----------- ----------- -------------------- ----------------------- ----------- <should stop here> Pattern1 will be time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangii87
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a set of patterns from the text file

Hi experts, I need a help in extracting a set of patterns from the text file. Below is my scenario. Input file: I need to extract the data between My output should be as Thanks, Kalai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting specific lines from data file

Hello, Is there a quick awk one-liner for this extraction?: file1 49389 text55 52211 text66 file2 59302 text1 49389 text2 85939 text3 52211 text4 13948 text5 Desired output 49389 text2 52211 text4 Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using grep to select specific patterns in text file?

How do I use grep to select words that start with I or O, end in box, and contain at least one letter in between them? the text file mailinfo.txt contains Inbox the Inbox Is a match box Doesn't match INBOX Outbox Outbox1 InbOX Ibox I box If the command works correctly it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steezuschrist96
4 Replies
FPUTCSV(3)								 1								FPUTCSV(3)

fputcsv - Format line as CSV and write to file pointer

SYNOPSIS
int fputcsv (resource $handle, array $fields, [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape_char = " DESCRIPTION
fputcsv(3) formats a line (passed as a $fields array) as CSV and write it (terminated by a newline) to the specified file $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $fields - An array of values. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure (one character only). o $escape_char - The optional $escape_char parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the written string or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ | 5.5.4 | | | | | | | The $escape_char parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 fputcsv(3) example <?php $list = array ( array('aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'dddd'), array('123', '456', '789'), array('"aaa"', '"bbb"') ); $fp = fopen('file.csv', 'w'); foreach ($list as $fields) { fputcsv($fp, $fields); } fclose($fp); ?> The above example will write the following to file.csv: aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd 123,456,789 """aaa""","""bbb""" NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgetcsv(3). PHP Documentation Group FPUTCSV(3)