Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting include file name to extracted files Post 302517961 by vgersh99 on Thursday 28th of April 2011 09:56:37 AM
Old 04-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_dodi
Thank you all for ur efforts, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions has worked for me.
I managed to get the file name, the question is how to inser the file name before the concatenation happens.

generated txtfile: no such file or directory

has generated missing argument to -exec

xargs: ksh: No such file or directory
what OS are you on?
Try:
Code:
find . -type f -name '*.txt' | xargs -I {} -i /bin/ksh 'echo //$(dirname {}); cat {}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To send an email with the body content extracted from a file

Hi, I have been trying to shoot an email with the email body to be obtained from a file. Can someone please help me with it.. I have been trying to use the MAILX commad for the same. mailx -s "test email" -r sender@test.com < file.txt but it sends the file as an attachment,while i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running a .sh script when extracted from a jar file.

I am trying to run a script called install.sh as follows: I get a jar file, and extract it using the command: unzip filename.jar -D path/to/files then I navigate to that directory where I extracted the files, and run the command: sh install.sh (where install.sh is one of the files... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: albert_newton
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

make file (include files path)

Hi All, In make file i want to include header files from my local directory and if it did not find in local directory i want to include from network directory. can any help me how i can do this?. here is the code INCLUDE=${include}/ this is point to network dir how i can add option that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goraya430
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make new files based on the number extracted

Hi All, I have a big file which looks like this: 0 4.5 6.7 0 3.4 6 1 5 6 1 6 4 2 9 4.44 Above is just a miniature version of the file. In fact, considering the first column of the file that is 0 0 1 1 2, the numbers in actual go until 10442. This means my actual file looks like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unrar - get the name of extracted file

If I have a script that is using unrar e file.part1.rar How does the script get the name of the extracted file if I don't know the extension of the file? In my example the name would be file.***, but I wouldn't know the extension. ---------- Post updated at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
0 Replies

6. Programming

[Solved] Cannot execute file that include files

Iam trying to execute a file that include many files but it seems my main copy.c can't read anyone of them ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copy.c #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #ifndef BUF_SIZE /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for advise on how to remove control characters in a UNIX file extracted from top command

Hi, Please excuse for posting new thread on control characters, I am facing some difficulties in removing the control character from a file extracted from top command, i am able to see control characters using more command and in vi mode, through cat control characters are not visible ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the name of an extracted file to a temp file

What would be the best way to store the name of an extracted file from a tar to a text file? I want to extract one file from a tar and store the name of the extracted file to a temp file. tar -xvf tar_file.tar file_to_be_extracted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erin00
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two unsorted unequal files extracted from xml

I have two files for comparison which are extracts from set of xml files. file1 has: Comparing File: BRCSH1to320140224CC3.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:OUT UIZZ:0 :: ERAZ:1.000000 UIZZ:0 :: CTZZ:B UIZZ:0 :: CCAZ:MYR Comparing File: BRMY20140224CC18REG013SPFNSY13.xml :: TZZZ:BR :: TAZZ:INB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi gunda
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add coordinates to line of output extracted from input file

I am trying to compare/confirm the output of an script using the perl below, which does execute. However I can not seem to print $1 and $2 in each line of the input separated by a tab in each line of the output. The input file is quite large so I have only included a portion, but the format is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
i-ls(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   i-ls(1)

NAME
i-ls - display file stat and checksum information for files SYNOPSIS
i-ls [-s] filename i-ls [-s] dirname Specify a filename for i-ls to examine, or specify a directory with dirname to examine all the files in the directory. -s Do not show/calculate checksums for all regular files. DESCRIPTION
The integrit system detects intrusion by detecting when trusted files have been altered. integrit records information about files in a database. i-ls allows the user to see that information for live files. The output syntax is the same as that of integrit. EXAMPLES
i-ls /tmp/foo.txt shows file stat attributes for the file, "/tmp/foo.txt". i-ls /tmp shows file stat attributes for all files in the directory, "/tmp". i-ls -s /tmp shows file stat attributes for all files in the directory, "/tmp", also including also checksums for all regular files. AUTHOR
Ed L Cashin <ecashin@users.sourceforge.net> See the integrit web site for up to date releases and information at http://integrit.sourceforge.net/ SEE ALSO
Integrit File Verification System Manual (info), lstat(2) Version 4.1 Jul 27, 2001 i-ls(1)