Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create an XML tree using perl Post 302517719 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 27th of April 2011 02:27:44 PM
Old 04-27-2011
Neither your example of a text file or the output document make any sense. Please provide correct examples of both.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a binary tree

I need to create a binary tree like structure of directories using shell script... does anyone know of any algorithm for this ? i tried doing a recursive algorithm function CreateDir { level=$1 dirname=$2 mkdir $dirname/sub1/ mkdir $dirname/sub2/ let level=level-1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: macvijay1985
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to create hierarchical tree structure

I am creating a hierarchical tree structure and I was wondering what commands I needed to do that. I have 4 directories and sixteen sub directories and 4 files. Thank you for your help in getting my started in right direction.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GreginNC
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a xml file using Perl Script

Hi All, I have some data which needs to be saved in the xml file format.Can you guys please let me know how to do this using perl script. NOTE: the template of the xml file shall be depending on validation of the data done for some requirements. Basically to summarise, the fields in the xml... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create this tree?

a buddy and i are trying to re-learn basic commands. i havent used linux for awhile. so i need help on this. what are the commands to create a tree like this. . |-- a1.A |-- a1.B |-- opt | |-- documents | | `-- tmp | | |-- backup | | `-- etc | |-- music | `--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ink
1 Replies

5. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

6. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Programming

help need in the perl script that create one xml file form multiple files.

Hi every one, Please excuse me if any grammatical mistakes is there. I have multiple xml files in one directory, I need to create multiple XML files into one XML file.example files like this</p> file1:bvr.xml ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to read a csv and create xml - Perl

I have a csv file like below. john,r2,testdomain1,john.r2@hex.com,DOMAINADMIN,testdomain1.dom maxwell,b2, testdomain1,maxwell.b2@hex.com,DOMAINADMIN,testdomain1.dom I would need the perl script to read the above csv and create an xml like below. <Users> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies
PERLRISCOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					     PERLRISCOS(1)

NAME
perlriscos - Perl version 5 for RISC OS DESCRIPTION
This document gives instructions for building Perl for RISC OS. It is complicated by the need to cross compile. There is a binary version of perl available from <http://www.cp15.org/perl/> which you may wish to use instead of trying to compile it yourself. BUILD
You need an installed and working gccsdk cross compiler <http://gccsdk.riscos.info/> and REXEN <http://www.cp15.org/programming/> Firstly, copy the source and build a native copy of perl for your host system. Then, in the source to be cross compiled: 1. $ ./Configure 2. Select the riscos hint file. The default answers for the rest of the questions are usually sufficient. Note that, if you wish to run Configure non-interactively (see the INSTALL document for details), to have it select the correct hint file, you'll need to provide the argument -Dhintfile=riscos on the Configure command-line. 3. $ make miniperl 4. This should build miniperl and then fail when it tries to run it. 5. Copy the miniperl executable from the native build done earlier to replace the cross compiled miniperl. 6. $ make 7. This will use miniperl to complete the rest of the build. AUTHOR
Alex Waugh <alex@alexwaugh.com> perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 PERLRISCOS(1)