Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print Following string? Post 302517076 by Sandeep Pattil on Tuesday 26th of April 2011 02:55:42 AM
Old 04-26-2011
Thnks,,

But on printing it is showing as :
E:\OutputRef xtendedTestObjectModel\Text.txt

but \E is get replaced by some binary symbol

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and print a string from the line below it

I know how to grep, copy and paste a string from a line. Now, what i want to do is to find a string and print a string from the line below it. To demonstrate: Name 1: ABC Age: 3 Sex: Male Name 2: DEF Age: 4 Sex: Male Output: 3 Male I know how to get "3". My biggest problem is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a string using printf?

I want to print a string say "str1 str2 str3 str4" using printf. If I try printing it using printf it is printing as follows. output ------- str1 str2 str3 str4 btw I'm working in AIX. This is my first post in this forum :) regards, rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigmatrix
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the string between spaces

How to print the strings within a line between two spaces . <ns1:providerErrorCode>141</ns1:providerErrorCode> <ns1:providerErrorText>business_rule_exception-Server.404:Cannot proceed because the subscriber with phone number is either suspended or the account has an unpaid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string and and print another string

i have a file that looks like this ABC123 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssffhhh ABC234 EMPTY ABC652 jhfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkk i want to grep "EMPTY" and print ABC234 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Need to Print a string from a word

Hi Folks Can you please help me to grep a word from below test file Below is the file looks like ABCD Test:3 ZZZZYYYZZ ABCD TEST:38 XXXYYYZZZ I need below output echo $A=21455 echo $B=3 and for second line echo $A=324494 echo $B=38 I will use While read line for each line.. i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Machha
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print part of string

I have a file called file.txt It contains strings: ALT=someone@acme.com TO=whoever@lalalulu.com How could find and print the actual address after the = sign for any given instance? I need the command to print one of them - for example someone@acme.com But have in mind that this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print everything after a string match

Hi all, I'm trying to do some work on the authorized_keys file to do a check if there's any information after the hash key.. At the end of the hash key's in the file, there can be an = or == Is there a way to check if anything exists after these equals and if so print it out or else print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the word after the string

Hi I have a requirment here. I have to out the string after the particular word. for example i have the to extract the first word after the word disk. help me out. i have tried the folloing code but it is not giving the output which i need. awk -F"*disk " '{print $1}' grep -n -o '' file Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all lines after a string

My file has the following contents... User:SYS,O/SUser:oracle,Process:10813484,Machine:host123.xxx.xxx.xxxxxxx.com.au,Program:sqlplus@host123.xxx.xxx.xxxxxxx.com.au(TNSV1-V,LogonTime:24-JUL-2014 15:04 I would like to print all character appearing after the string LogonTime: My output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagesh_1985
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies
escape(1)							Mail Avenger 0.8.3							 escape(1)

NAME
escape - escape shell special characters in a string SYNOPSIS
escape string DESCRIPTION
escape prepends a "" character to all shell special characters in string, making it safe to compose a shell command with the result. EXAMPLES
The following is a contrived example showing how one can unintentionally end up executing the contents of a string: $ var='; echo gotcha!' $ eval echo hi $var hi gotcha! $ Using escape, one can avoid executing the contents of $var: $ eval echo hi `escape "$var"` hi ; echo gotcha! $ A less contrived example is passing arguments to Mail Avenger bodytest commands containing possibly unsafe environment variables. For example, you might write a hypothetical reject_bcc script to reject mail not explicitly addressed to the recipient: #!/bin/sh formail -x to -x cc -x resent-to -x resent-cc | fgrep "$1" > /dev/null && exit 0 echo "<$1>.. address does not accept blind carbon copies" exit 100 To invoke this script, passing it the recipient address as an argument, you would need to put the following in your Mail Avenger rcpt script: bodytest reject_bcc `escape "$RECIPIENT"` SEE ALSO
avenger(1), The Mail Avenger home page: <http://www.mailavenger.org/>. BUGS
escape is designed for the Bourne shell, which is what Mail Avenger scripts use. escape might or might not work with other shells. AUTHOR
David Mazieres Mail Avenger 0.8.3 2012-04-05 escape(1)