Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RedHat 9 Questions
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat 9 Questions Post 302516743 by alister on Monday 25th of April 2011 12:11:04 AM
Old 04-25-2011
Please be aware that Red Hat 9 is ancient.

Quote:
RALEIGH, NC—March 31, 2003—Red Hat, Inc. (Nasdaq:RHAT), the world's premier open source and Linux provider, today announced the availability of Red Hat Linux 9.
from redhat.com | Red Hat Linux 9 Features Latest Open Source Technologies

8 years may as well be a lifetime in the Linux world. If you have a reasonably modern computer and are interested in contemporary Red Hat Linux for personal use, visit Fedora Project Homepage

Regards and welcome to the forum,
Alister

Last edited by Neo; 04-25-2011 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: changed tone to constructive tone

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat

Hi all, I'm installing RedHat 7.0 on a laptop. As it's a dual boot with win2k I make a boot sector instead of using the MBR. After the install I mark the boot sector active in windows then I can boot into Linux. First question. When I make the boot sector active it deletes the swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RedHat linux questions??

1. is redhat linux 7.3 the latest version ?? 2. where can i find FREE documentation regarding it ?? installation , etc... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

3. Linux

redhat

hello people i just installed redhat, everything seemes to be fine, but when i start it, it boots up normally and starts firstboot or whatever, then it opens something, i can move the mouse for a while(thats all i see.. first the X then an arrow..) but then the whole computer freezes.. i think the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenewestuser
3 Replies

4. SuSE

redhat

i just bought a redhat 9.0 book which comes with the operating system and Ive install it as a server however Im having difficulties installing Swat and I just wonder if I have to spend buy an enterprise server or what ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keliy1
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

redhat

if sombody can help it will be very good.I want to have some information concerning redhat 9.How to go in the internet with :confused: ,how to programmate in c or c++,and finally how i can use it esaly.Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boyep
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Just had a few questions

1) The lpr and sort utilities accept input either from a file named on the command line or from standard input. a)Name two other utilities that function in a similar manner. b)Name a utility that accepts its input only from standard input. 2) Explain the following error message. What... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: youngyou
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redhat 5.8 to 6.0

Hi, Currently running Redhat 5.8, I am thinking about upgrading to 6. After the upgrade, in case, I want to downgrade. How would I do that? Please let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -b, --base Print a base channel that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network Classic, Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)