Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle clinical on unix
Operating Systems HP-UX Oracle clinical on unix Post 302516196 by Peasant on Friday 22nd of April 2011 12:47:09 AM
Old 04-22-2011
You don't need to install actual X server on HPUX.

All you need is a client computer with X server installed (either Linux, cygwin's X, xming or alike)
Then you can..
ssh -Y user@host - no need to export DISPLAY, just run the GUI installer (encapsulation)
ssh on the machine, run export DISPLAY=<client ip running X>:0.0;

That's way you will get motif or java GUI runin.
Regarding the instalation of specific apps, please refer to apps documentation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle and Unix

Hi I am having trouble with a script to export individual schemas to tape from an oracle database. Basicaly I need to export each shema through a pipe with compression and store each shema name in a file with the relevant tape marker. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: truma1
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Restore of oracle 8i from hp unix 11.0 to HP unix 11i

Hi, We are planning to migrate oracle 8.1.7.2 (8i) currently installed on a host with HP unix 11.0 to a host with HP Unix 11i. The method we are adopting is backup and restore of all file systems. Could this be a problem, apart from linking libraries on the target system. Thanks for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitb
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix + Oracle

Hello people, at the moment, I have a database server running HP-UX and Oracle. From time to time, I need to extract data from oracle, and then do some data management (Awk, sed) within unix. At the moment, what I do is to copy the output from my oracle query and then paste into a file on another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Oracle

Through a shell script ... I am invoking sql plus.. Code is as follows... echo " set feedback off verify off pagesize 0 select column from table " | sqlplus -s/@dbname | read var_col Now if oracle throws an exception for above select statement ...then how can i catch it ?... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix for oracle

Hi unixers, :) Anyone have any links or online tutorials for Shell Scripting with respect to Oracle . Any example of script calling any Oracle procedure or function or passing parameters is highly appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

oracle to unix

how can i safely transfer a oracle database to a unix system thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djbilly
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix-oracle

Hallo Friends, My script looks like this: #!/bin/ksh set -x ######################################################################### # # Name: # statistics.ksh # # Details: # Performs a series of queries on the database to analyse application performance; # reports on backlog of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Align clinical data files using awk

Hello, I am new to shell scripts and 1st week into awk. I have so far managed to format output files to sample File 1 and File 2 as shown below and File 3 output solution is what I am looking for...thanks File 1: 0633-009_001200008:225065338468009:CMBRTRM:albuterol... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chowdhut
4 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle/UNIX

How do you combine the two language. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
1 Replies
ESD(1)							     Enlightened Sound Daemon							    ESD(1)

NAME
esd - The Enlightened Sound Daemon DESCRIPTION
Starts up EsounD, which provides a sound mixing server. USAGE
esd [options] -d DEVICE force esd to use sound device DEVICE -b run server in 8 bit sound mode -r RATE run server at sample rate of RATE -as SECS free audio device after SECS of inactivity -unix use unix domain sockets instead of tcp/ip -tcp use tcp/ip sockets instead of unix domain -public make tcp/ip access public (other than localhost) -promiscuous start unlocked and owned (disable authentication) -terminate terminate esd daemone after last client exits -nobeeps do not play startup beeps -port PORT listen for connections at PORT (only for tcp/ip) Possible devices are: /dev/dsp, /dev/dsp2, etc. FILES
/etc/esound/esd.conf daemon configuration file SEE ALSO
esdcat(1), esddsp(1), esdloop(1), esdplay(1), esdsample(1), esd-config(1), esdctl(1), esdfilt(1), esdmon(1), esdrec(1) 3rd Berkeley Distribution EsounD 0.2.28 ESD(1)