Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for Logfile Inserting into the Database Post 302515942 by ahamed101 on Thursday 21st of April 2011 08:23:49 AM
Old 04-21-2011
crontab -e #this will open up the crontab file where you need to insert the file which needs to be run at specific time interval

Code:
15 * * * * /where/ever/your/script/is

The above script is sceduled to run every 15th minute of an hour. Change it as per your requirement.
man crontab for more details.

regards,
Ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to filter logfile

i was wondering if anyone can help me, how could i write in perl a a script that would look through a log file and print onscreen the contents of the log file excluding lines that contain '192.168.1.' and entries that contain directory paths that arent in the directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to manipulate logfile text

Hi guys, I was wandering if a Shell guru could give me some advice on tackling a problem. I have used a mixture of grep, cut and awk to get data from a log file in the following format: 14/11/08 10:39: Checking currenly : Enabled 14/11/08 10:39: Records allocated : 221... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosspaddock
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attaching a logfile to the Script

Hello guys. I've recently written a basic utilities script just for home use. and i want to attach a logfile to it that will record all the commands that where executed in that script. Then just so i can add the d%b%y% and make each logfile unique and i can look back in each logfile to see what i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt02
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile rotation script.

I'm trying to find or create a Perl script that: Checks for and creates these files: notes notes.1 notes.2 notes.3 notes.4 The first represents the current log file and the others are older versions. Each time the script runs it would check for the existence of notes.3 and, if it exists,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HardyV2
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitor script

Hi, I'm trying to write a logfile monitor script that reads the logfile and then emails out once there is an error with SQL in. Here is my attempt below which does not work. I'm not much of a scripter as you can probably see but some pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elmesy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

on manual script need to add logfile

hi all, 1.I am new to linux shell scripting. 2.i had an rman.sh script which will take backup all database using CATALOG DATABASE. 3.While executing that script my catalog DB gets shutdown. 4.The rman.sh script are executed manually. 5.so i need log for rman.sh .And also it is very useful... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jp_linux
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logfile monitoring with logfile replacement

Bonjour, I've wrote a script to monitor a logfile in realtime. It is working almost perfeclty except for two things. The script use the following technique : tail -fn0 $logfile | \ while read line ; do ... some stuff done First one, I'd like a way to end the monitoring script if a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Warluck
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting values into database from an excel

Hi, I have a requirement where I have an excel sheet with the below values COL1 COL2 COL3 Germany URGENT NORMAL I want to cut the values of this excel in such a way that I get the values and pass it to an insert statement update tbfin set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting script variables into database

I have a script working out ink percentages #!/bin/bash currentcyan=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1 = INTEGER: 990' currentmagenta=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.2 = INTEGER: 972' currentyellow=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.3 = INTEGER: 972' currentblack=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.4 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leshy93
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting values to database

hi , I'm new to Unix shell scripting. I need help to insert read csv which has two columns -emp no and logged date. csv file is a large file so i want to keep the insertion query in a separate .sql file. csv file looks this: empno | loggeddate ___________________ 5666 ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: preema
5 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)