Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Performance investigation, very high runq-sz %runocc Post 302515795 by Solarius on Thursday 21st of April 2011 01:47:43 AM
Old 04-21-2011

As was suggested, I've requested our DBA's to investigate what they can do from their end... it met with a lot of reluctance, but I think they will have a look at it as well. Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Performance Problem - High CPU utilization

Hello everybody. I have a problem with my AIX 5.3. Recently my unix shows a high cpu utilization with sar or topas. I need to find what I have to do to solve this problem, in fact, I don't know what is my problem. I had the same problem with another AIX 5.3 running the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilder.mellotto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Causes of high runq-sz and cswch/s output from sar

Hi folks, I'm running RHEL4 (2.6.9 - 64 bit) on a 4 CPU Dual Core Xeon. This server is running DB2 database. I've been getting the following readings from sar over the past week: 09:35:01 AM cswch/s 09:40:01 AM 4774.95 09:45:01 AM 27342.76 09:50:02 AM 196015.02 09:55:01 AM... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulat2k
8 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

High Performance Computing

I am interested in setting up some High Performance Computing clusters and would like to get people's views and experiences on this. I have 2 requirements: 1. Compute clusters to do fast cpu intensive computations 2. Storage clusters of parallel and extendable filesystems spread across many... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
6 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

What does high performance computing mean?

Sorry, I am not really from a computer science background. But from the subject of it, does it mean something like multi processor programming? distributed computing? like using erlang? Sound like it, which excite me. I just had a 3 day crash course in erlang and "Cocurrency oriented programming"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
7 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

High performance Linkpack

hello everyone , Im new to HPL. i wanted to know whether High performance linpack solves linear system of equations for single precision airthmatic on LINUX. it works for double precision , so is there any HPL version which is for single precision.\ thanks . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_viz
0 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

High Performance Linpack Compiling Issue

I'm trying to compile Linpack on a Ubuntu cluster. I'm running MPI. I've modified the following values to fit my system TOPdir MPdir LAlib CC LINKER. When compiling I get the following error: (the error is at the end, the other errors in between are because I've ran the script several times so... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPJPJPJP
0 Replies
VIRTUOSO-T(1)															     VIRTUOSO-T(1)

NAME
virtuoso-t - OpenLink Virtuoso Opensource Server SYNOPSIS
virtuoso-t [-fcnCbDARwMKrBd] [+foreground] [+configfile arg] [+no-checkpoint] [+checkpoint-only] [+backup-dump] [+crash-dump] [+configfile arg] [+restore-crash-dump] [+wait] [+more arg] [+dumpkeys arg] [+restore-backup arg] [+backup-dirs arg] [+debug] [+pwdold arg] [+pwddba arg] [+pwddav arg] virtuoso-t [+help] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the virtuoso-t command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has docu- mentation in the 'doc' VAD package. virtuoso-t is the OpenLink Virtuoso server OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the 'doc' VAD package. +foreground run in the foreground +configfile use alternate configuration file +no-checkpoint do not checkpoint on startup +checkpoint-only exit as soon as checkpoint on startup is complete +backup-dump dump database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump dump inconsistent database into the transaction log, then exit +crash-dump-data-ini specify the DB ini to use for reading the data to dump +restore-crash-dump restore from a crash-dump +wait wait for background initialization to complete +mode specify mode options for server startup (onbalr) +dumpkeys specify key id(s) to dump on crash dump (default : all) +restore-backup default backup directories +backup-dirs run in the foreground +debug Show additional debugging info +pwdold Old DBA password +pwddba New DBA password +pwddav New DAV password FILES
/etc/virtuoso/virtuoso.ini The configuration file to control the behaviour of the main instance of virtuoso-t. SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by the 'doc' VAD package. 17 April 2013 VIRTUOSO-T(1)