Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: regex help with 'find'
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regex help with 'find' Post 302515593 by stevensw on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 01:03:45 PM
Old 04-20-2011
I have had times when I would have liked to know how to do both. That's why I asked, I don't really need it now but I'm sure I will later.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dont't find right regex

I have a string which contains following information: <SZ.T><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT FACE="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" SIZE="+3">Bundesregierung nimmt sich dicke Deutsche vor</FONT></P></SZ.T> <SZ.UT><P ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT SIZE="+1"><I> Seehofer und Schmidt planen Kampagne gegen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trek
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with RegEx

I have some files in unix ls -1 TMH.backend.tar.421E-03.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-04.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-05.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-06.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-07.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-08.Z TMH.backend.tar.421E-08.Z.bak20081223164844 TMH.backend.tar.421E-09.Z... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: on9west
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex in find command

Hi, I need to find out the files whcih contains date in YYYYMMDD in their name. I don't know if I can use regex in side find. Now I am using commad for the same purpose which is not full proof. find . -name "**" -print But I want then It should contain at lease 8 digit in their... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find regex

Hi There, Can anybody help me out for searching this regular expression? xxxxx.yyy.zzzz.From-ABCD.To-XYZ.xxxxxx I would like the ID1 and ID2 (knowing which one is Id1 and id2) .From-<ID1>. and .To-<ID2>. Thanks in advance!! Regards, Bhaskar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find regex and remove #

hi , how do i remove # from a line where i found regex.. don't need to remove all the line.. only remove comment.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find directories by regex

Hello, I want to check if directories exist with a regex expression dir1=/temp/local/*/home (exists on file system) dir2=/temp/server/*/logs (does not exist on file system) I want to check if there are any directories with the above regex Code: if ];then echo "Directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogineni
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using regex in find command

I don't understand why the following simple command is not working: find assign{1,2}Variations don't work, either: find assign+ find assign? ls assignAll I am trying to do is make an alias for running a C++ program of the name assign# or assign##. But the regular expressions aren't working. @_@... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zucriy Amsuna
27 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex option

I'm trying to use regular expression arguments as variables. I have to surround the regular expression with double quotes or else it automatically expands that regular expression to whatever is in that directory. Unfortunately when I run 'find' it further surrounds the double quotes with single... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my regex using find

#ls json-* json-lexer.c json-lexer.h json-parser.c json-parser.h json-streamer.c json-streamer.h #find . -regex '^(json-)+.' return nothing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command and regex

Hi All, We have to copy some files from a source directory to a destination directory. We only have to copy the file if the filename is in a list of values. We can use find command: find . -type f -name '*_111.txt' -o -name '*_115.txt' ... -exec cp {} /tmp \; But the list contains... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartleby
3 Replies
times.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    times.h(3HEAD)

NAME
times.h, times - file access and modification times structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> DESCRIPTION
The <sys/times.h> header defines the structure tms, which is returned by times() and includes the following members: clock_t tms_utime /* user CPU time */ clock_t tms_stime /* system CPU time */ clock_t tms_cutime /* user CPU time of terminated child processes */ clock_t tms_cstime /* system CPU time of terminated child processes */ The clock_t type is defined as described in <sys/types.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
times(2), types.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Sep 2004 times.h(3HEAD)