Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Moving Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File Moving Script Post 302515477 by brij123 on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 07:27:28 AM
Old 04-20-2011
find / -name "*keyword*" -print -exec mv {} /target/dir \;
This User Gave Thanks to brij123 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script for moving file one by one

#SD=source dir TD= target dir SD="$/amddev/app01/manoj/new/scripts/old" TD="$/amddev/app01/manoj/new/scripts/new" EXT="$*.txt" for i in `ls -F "$SD"/*"$EXT"|grep -v /$` do mv "$SD" "$TD" if then echo "$i" successfully moved echo Manoj successfully..1 ( here i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojkarthi
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for moving all the file from the same folder

Hi , I need a shell script which basicaly moves all the files from one folder say folder x to folder y and once they are moved to folder y a datetimestamp should be attached to there name for ex file a should be moved to y folder and renamed as a_20081015 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: viv1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving file to directory in script

hi i am reading files from directory,if the files matches certain condition i need to move that file to another directory i am using if then mv $file1 > $UNIQDIR fi but i am gettin error , please help thanks Satya (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Moving folders with script

Hi All, I am new to Forums, as i am struggling for one script i am launched here. I need to move more than 60,000+ folders in 1,00,000 folders to another server. I have the list of folders which should be moved. can anybody help me in sharing with the script for the above requirement. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimakiran
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a script from another script by moving directories

I have created this script and does not seem to be behaving well. Basically I am in a directory, I just want to do down two directories, run the script georom_replaceText.tcsh This will produce a file in the subdirectory, which I then run. Finally go back to where I started. Afterwards I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for moving one file with date content in name

Dear All, I am having a database that generates daily backup files in the below format. abc_date_0010.zip. Can you please suggest a method to copy the last day's file to another location. I am trying with if statement, but having difficulty while I use the condition like if ; then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skooby
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner need help how file moving script could look like

Hi there, I am an absolut beginner in scripting. I am using Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS: I just need some hints/suggestions how a script could look like doing the following stuff: assuming I am in directory "base_directory" like xyz@mypc:~/base_directory$ within the "base_directory there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dut42
1 Replies
mhpath(1mh)															       mhpath(1mh)

Name
       mhpath - print full pathnames of MH messages and folders

Syntax
       mhpath [ +foldername ] [ msgs ] [ -help ]

Description
       Use the command to display the full pathname of the specified folder.  If you do not specify a folder, displays the pathname of the current
       folder.

If you specify a message with its message number, displays the pathname of the specified message.  You can also specify a  number  of  mes-
       sages,  or  a range of messages.  If the top of the range that you specify is greater than the last message in the folder, displays as much
       of the specified range as possible.

Additionally can take a keyword or a sequence name.  The following keywords are acceptable:

first	 The first message in the folder.

last	 The last message in the folder.

new	 The message after the last message in the folder.  You cannot use new as part of a message range.

cur	 The current message in the folder.

prev	 The message before the current message.

next	 The message after the current message.

all	 All of the messages in the folder.

Options
       -help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

Examples
       In the following example, displays message 3 in the folder
       % mhpath +inbox 3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox

The following example displays the pathname of messages 2 to 5 in the current folder:
       % mhpath 2-5
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/2
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/3
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/4
       /r/phyl/Mail/inbox/5

Profile Components
       Path:   To determine your Mail directory

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh)

mhpath(1mh)