Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Select the columns which have value greater than particular number Post 302515422 by vbe on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 04:45:48 AM
Old 04-20-2011
Thanks for informing us! Example we would like to see more often

All the best

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines in which column have value greater than some percent of total file lines

i have a file in following format 1 32 3 4 6 4 4 45 1 45 4 61 54 66 4 5 65 51 56 65 1 12 32 85 now here the total number of lines are 8(they vary each time) Now i want to select only those lines in which the values... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check if a decimal number is greater than zero

Hello, In my code I am checking to see if a variable that contains a decimal number is greater than 0 in the following manner: if do something fi However I am getting the error message (if $i for the current iteration holds 9.6352) command 9.6352 is not found How can I rectify... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Bash test 2 variables to see if ones greater by n

Experts, I have a bash shell script that generates 2 variables that have the current minute and a minute from a log file. Can someone please show me the best way to test if the minutes stray by 5. So basically if: This is ok: Last Fitting Min ============= 02 Current Minute =============... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep a greater than number

data: hello mr smith 400 you all ok? hello mrs. smith 700 you all ok? hello mr. everyone 150 you all ok? hello mr. you all 199 im lad you are ok using egrep, how can i grep out only lines that have a number greater than 250? cat data | egrep ..... can't use awk here. i was... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep a number greater than in a column

i'm aware awk can do what i'm trying to do here. but i cant use awk in this scenario given the circumstance of this box. but i need to check if a number is a certain column is over a certain value, say for instance, 20. data: | 12 | 19 | 2000 | 9029333 |... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines for number greater than given number

Hello, I am newbie to bash scripting. Could someone help me with the following. I have log file with output as shown below **************************LOG************************* 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Pinging xx.xx.xx.xx with 32 bytes of data: 11/20/2013 9:11:23.64 Reply from xx.xx.xx.xx:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meena_2013
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percentage of columns greater than certain value in a matrix using awk

This matrix represents correlation values. Is it possible to calculate the percentage of columns (a1, a2, a3) that have a value >= |0.5| and report the percentage that has positive correlation >0.5 and negative correlation <-0.5 separately. thanx in advance! input name a1 a2 a3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Greater than specific number

please let me know how to construct if then else by comparing two numbers if it is greater than 10000. I need to do some specific task executed. can you help me out in shell scripting plz. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with number to select based on number

Hi experts, I am using KSH and I am need to display file with number in front of file names and user can select it by entering the number. I am trying to use following command to display list with numbers. but I do not know how to capture number and identify what file it is to be used for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search for columns with numbers greater than 70

This helped get me started. https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/157026-need-command-search-numbers-greater-than-3000-a.html This is the command I am using. I am trying to find numbers greater than 70 in column 5. I do not know if it is getting confused because there... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)