Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Interesting Problem! 2 VIOs, One is problematic, assigning disks and resources from the other only Post 302515417 by aixromeo on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 04:21:45 AM
Old 04-20-2011
Hi,

Well the issue has been resolved Smilie SAN allocated new Ldevs. and now things are back to normal Smilie

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

An interesting problem

hi!, here is an interesting problem ..... I ftp a file named " my first file.doc" from windows to my HP workstation. Ftp is succesful. The file appears with the same name in my home directory.. But now how do I open this file?? while using Vi or More or other editor, they take only the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

interesting problem

After a server reboot for regular mainatanance we face the following situation: 1/ user accounts with ksh can't start the korn shell 2/ korn shell scripts do work however, if executed from bash 3/ normal users with bash can't run ksh 4/ root can run ksh 5/ if I switch the default shell to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

3. SCO

I have an interesting problem and need advice

We have an inhouse built application which handles our AR function. We'd like to email statements out of the application directly. My question is this is there a good, solid, command line driven, scriptable Mail Transport Agent that would allow us to send a semi unique email (with a statement and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maldain
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting problem

Hello, So I'm utilizing the bash brace expansion feature to checkout multiple folders from cvs with ease, while excluding certain subfolders within. So I do a command like this: cvs co trunk/{mod_a,mod_b,mod_c} \!trunk/{mod_a,mod_b,mod_c}/web to checkout modules trunk/mod_a , trunk/mod_b ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

interesting problem

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am glad to be a part of it. I have a problem that has two parts: 1/ extract just the timestamp from a filename: for example, I have a file called 'sales20080226144525.txt' and I want to extract just the '20080226144525' part out of it. 2/ Now, take that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

6. Programming

Interesting Problem About Incrementing ++

Here is my code: int startingPort = 200; string tempPort; stringstream out; out<<startingPort; tempPort = out.str(); //tempPort carries startingPort in string format //convert tempPort to *char - currentPort going to be passed into getaddrinfo() char currentPort;... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
10 Replies

7. Solaris

Assigning cryptographic resources to the control domain

Sun documentation suggests that we need to assign cryptographic resources to the control domain as part of the initial configuration. I searched the documentation to better understand the purpose of this and know recommendation/limitation. I am doing this for Netra T5220 and wondering if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Very Interesting Problem

Ok Lets say i have a webpage on a solaris box. and i am trying to make a hyperlink. This hyperlink references a Microsoft Access file on a Windows box. So, How do i make a file reference from The unix box to a windows box. Things to keep in mind -- 1.) Solaris doesnt need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demon002
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interesting awk problem

Hello; I wish to manipulate the output from the following: ps axo %mem,pid,euser,cmd|sort -nr 14.4 3170 root /usr/sbin/snmpd -Lsd -Lf /dev/null -p /var/run/snmpd.pid -a 3.6 3635 root splunkd -p 8089 start 2.6 3383 root /usr/sbin/httpd 2.1 15496 apache /usr/sbin/httpd ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Assigning disks to grid user Solaris 11

hello....am trying to install Oracle 11gR2 RAC on Solaris 11 using Oracle Virtualbox, am stucked somewhere when trying to assign disk to grid user......I created five disks of 5GB each for ASM, I formatted them successfully but when trying to assign them to grid user, there is no changes as still... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magwai
2 Replies
roar_vs_connection_obj(3)				   RoarAudio Programmer's Manual				 roar_vs_connection_obj(3)

NAME
roar_vs_connection_obj, roar_vs_stream_obj, roar_vs_vio_obj - VS API interface for use of main API SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> struct roar_connection * roar_vs_connection_obj(roar_vs_t * vss, int * error); struct roar_stream * roar_vs_stream_obj (roar_vs_t * vss, int * error); struct roar_vio_calls * roar_vs_vio_obj (roar_vs_t * vss, int * error); DESCRIPTION
Those functions return internal connection, stream and VIO object of the VS object. They are used to use the main API with a VS opened stream. roar_vs_connection_obj() returns the connection object used for the control connection to the server. roar_vs_stream_obj() returns the stream object storing information about the stream. roar_vs_vio_obj() returns the VIO object used to read data from or send data to the server. Returned objects are freed as soon as the VS object is closed. If the VS object was created using roar_vs_new_from_con(3) the connection is not closed by the VS object and stay valid after close until it is closed by the program or library. The VIO object MUST NOT be used while in buffered mode. PARAMETERS
vss The VS object to return internal objects from. error This is a pointer to a integer used to store the error value in case of error. This can be NULL if not used but it is very recom- mended to use this error value to report good error messages to the user. RETURN VALUE
On success these calls return the described object. On error, NULL is returned. EXAMPLES
FIXME SEE ALSO
roarvs(7), libroar(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roar_vs_connection_obj(3)