Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Append symbol at the start of each line Post 302515060 by arunmanas on Tuesday 19th of April 2011 01:02:04 AM
Old 04-19-2011
Append symbol at the start of each line

hi,

i have some values in excel sheet as in below format:

etc....

i need to get the output in the below manner..

£122
£144
£222
£555
£666

so at the begining of each line , the
£ symbol is appended..

please can anyone help to do this...

thanks in advance...
Arun Manas

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append with TM symbol

I have a file with delimiter ";" and 2 columns for eg: Transparent; ScotchPro™ If you see carefully you can see a special character "TM" at the end of data which is not showing up when I read the data in a regular sequential file. Did anyone anytime tackle this kind of Data. Please advice.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append value(batch number) to start of records

Hi all, I am new to unix shell scripting and I am trying to append batch number that comes in Trailer record to the detailed record. TR|20080312|22881 |000000005|20080319|2202 LN|20080312|077777722220 |0000100000017|ABS LN|20080312|000799439326 |0000709943937|AA TR|20080313|22897 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

append the line with the previous if it not start with 1=

How to append the line with the previous if it not start with 1=. 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx, 3=4545 44545, 4=66666, 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx, 3=34434 3545, 4=66666, 5=ffffff 6=uuuuuuu, 7=ooooooo 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx, 3=311343545, 4=66666 1=ttt, 2=xxxxxx, 5=XAXAXA, 7=FDFD (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palsevlohit_123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a symbol with new line

i have file in which i want to replace a char with new line please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to start with symbol and print next

File A >answer is the predicted other than >bigger than two >whatever isthere >out of mind CGAHHAWWASSASS SASAWEDSASSDDD SSDDDEDEUJUYYS >hello you are there other is what is that>you are not serious>leave it SSSAAAAAASS ASWWQQDDD WESEEWWWW WEEEEEWSS SJUJSGKKSSS SWBVHJJWUW >hi i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string at start of line

Hi, I want to append # at the start of line wherever keyword xyz is found through stream editor? Is it possible? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: db2cap
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add symbol in every end of line.

hi, In my input file i have less number of pipe symbol , it is suppose to be 10 pipe symbol. If the inputfile have less than 10 pipesymbol then i need append upto 10 pipe symbol. please help to solve problem. Input file : abc|xyz| 1|2|3|4|5| s| 1|2||||||||| Output file : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep line for string up to symbol

Hi, I would like to extract a pattern from a line. The first two characters will always be the same in this pattern, but the proceeding numbers will not be, and the pattern will always be 6 characters long. I would like to get the entire pattern up to a certain symbol, in this case, a period. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove line if $ symbol appear anywhere in the line?

cat demo.txt has below lines /test/xyz/ibcdownload.jsp /test/xyz/pvxprogramtreeovermain.jsp /test/xyz/jtfrsrsr$HtmlTag.jsp /test/xyz/csdronumlov.jsp /test/xyz/iecvaluereset.jsp /test/xyz/ibecumpassignrole.jsp /test/xyz/ozfoffermarketmain.jsp output /test/xyz/ibcdownload.jsp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)