Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple records based on ';' in the record Post 302515043 by mora on Monday 18th of April 2011 09:48:02 PM
Old 04-18-2011
No way we can do this in unix,you can capture the occurrences of semicolon but if you need to use as variables it can be difficult may be you can load the data in a database and write some procedural language to do this task.

--Mora

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record count based on a keyword in the records

Hi, Am having files with many records, i need to count and display the number of records based on the keyword in one of the column of the records. for e.g THE FILE CONTAINS TWO RECORDS LIKE. 200903031143150 0 1236060795054357lessrv1 BSNLSERVICE1 BSNLSERVICE1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing record into multiple records in Shell Script

Hi, I am trying to parse a very long record in a text file into multiple records by checking ADD, DELETE, or MODIFY field value in a shell script. Input # File name xyz.txt ADD|N000|8015662|DELETE|N001|9915662|MODIFY|N999|85678 Output ADD|N000|8015662| DELETE|N001|9915662|... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple records based on :

Hi , I have the below source source data 1|2|3|:123:abc|4 1|2|a| | 5 1|2|3|4|:a:s:D.....:n|t Target data should be 1|2|3|:123:abc|4 1|2|3|:123:abc|4 1|2|a| | 5 1|2|3|4|:a:s:D.....:n|t 1|2|3|4|:a:s:D.....:n|t 1|2|3|4|:a:s:D.....:n|t 1|2|3|4|:a:s:D.....:n|t (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a single record to multiple records & add folder name to each line

Hi Gurus, I need to cut single record in the file(asdf) to multile records based on the number of bytes..(44 characters). So every record will have 44 characters. All the records should be in the same file..to each of these lines I need to add the folder(<date>) name. I have a dir. in which... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2581
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split single record to multiple records

Hi Friends, source .... col1,col2,col3 a,b,1;2;3 here colom delimeter is comma(,). here we dont know what is the max length of col3 means now we have 1;2;3 next time i will receive 1;2;3;4;5;etc... required output .............. col1,col2,col3 a,b,1 a,b,2 a,b,3 please give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab.galary
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Records from 1 Record

I need to make one record to multiple records based on occurence column in the record and change the date.For example below first record has 5 ,so need to create 5 records from one and change the date to 5 months.Occurence can be any number. I am unable to come with a script.Can some one help ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: traininfa
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge records based on multiple columns

Hi, I have a file with 16 columns and out of these 16 columns 14 are key columns, 15 th is order column and 16th column is having information. I need to concate the 16th column based on value of 1-14th column as key in order of 15th column. Here are the example file Input File (multiple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Agrawal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split one record to multiple records?

Hi, I have one tab delimited file which is having multiple store_ids in first column seprated by pipe.I want to split the file on the basis of store_id(separating 1st record in to 2 records ). I tried some more options like below with using split,awk etc ,But not able to get proper output. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaggy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display latest record from file based on multiple columns combination

I have requirement to print latest record from file based on multiple columns combination. EWAPE EW1SLE0000 EW1SOMU01 ABORTED 03/16/2015 100004 03/16/2015 100005 001 EWAPE EW1SLE0000 EW1SOMU01 ABORTED 03/18/2015 140003 03/18/2015 140004 001 EWAPE EW1SLE0000 EW1SOMU01 ABORTED 03/18/2015 220006... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies
CREATELANG(1)						  PostgreSQL Client Applications					     CREATELANG(1)

NAME
createlang - define a new PostgreSQL procedural language SYNOPSIS
createlang [ connection-option... ] langname [ dbname ] createlang [ connection-option... ] [ --list ] [ -l ] dbname DESCRIPTION
createlang is a utility for adding a new programming language to a PostgreSQL database. createlang is just a wrapper around the CREATE LANGUAGE [create_language(7)] command. OPTIONS
createlang accepts the following command-line arguments: langname Specifies the name of the procedural programming language to be defined. [-d] dbname [--dbname] dbname Specifies to which database the language should be added. The default is to use the database with the same name as the current sys- tem user. -e --echo Display SQL commands as they are executed. -l --list Show a list of already installed languages in the target database. createlang also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host --host host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If the value begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port --port port Specifies the TCP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username --username username User name to connect as. -w --no-password Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a .pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a password. -W --password Force createlang to prompt for a password before connecting to a database. This option is never essential, since createlang will automatically prompt for a password if the server demands password authentica- tion. However, createlang will waste a connection attempt finding out that the server wants a password. In some cases it is worth typing -W to avoid the extra connection attempt. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE PGHOST PGPORT PGUSER Default connection parameters This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see in the documentation). DIAGNOSTICS
Most error messages are self-explanatory. If not, run createlang with the --echo option and see under the respective SQL command for details. Also, any default connection settings and environment variables used by the libpq front-end library will apply. NOTES
Use droplang(1) to remove a language. EXAMPLES
To install the language pltcl into the database template1: $ createlang pltcl template1 Note that installing the language into template1 will cause it to be automatically installed into subsequently-created databases as well. SEE ALSO
droplang(1), CREATE LANGUAGE [create_language(7)] Application 2010-05-14 CREATELANG(1)