Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Running executables in ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running executables in ksh Post 302515029 by larangunn on Monday 18th of April 2011 06:54:19 PM
Old 04-18-2011
Thanks. Yeah I assumed it was more difficult than it actually was. I'll try to do things the easy way next time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing file during running ksh in HP failed

Hi falks, I have the following program: #!/bin/ksh ed -s /home/ias/v9.0.3/j2ee/OC4J_RiGHTv_HPCD2/applications/Xbip/Xbip/WEB -INF/config/application.properties <<EOF >/dev/null 1 d . d . a application.filePath.core = /core-HPCD2/Html/ application.filePath.xbip =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Running KSH script In SFU

I tried to run my ksh scripts in SFU and it always says "not found" as in the example below: $ .file /bin/ksh: .file: not found Did I miss something in the SFU Installation? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilak1008
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH, FTP running a set number at a time?

At work we have a script that pulls a file from a list of remote sites every 10 min. Currently it only does this ftp one sites at a time and this process takes up to 8 minutes to complete. I want to have this list of 24 sites and be able to run the ftp from up to 2 sites on the list at a time. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kofs79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script not running in another directory on same server

I have a script that runs fine under my home directory. No syntax errors, runs and returns as expected. When I migrate the script to the UAT directories on the same server for User testing, I get a syntax error. I've checked to make sure the .profile I'm using is the same in the UAT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpflug
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems Running KSH on Solaris 10

Hi, I am currently in the process of testing upgrading from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10. one problem i have encountered is when i am running any of my batch scripts. All my scripts start with #! /bin/ksh so that they will excuted in the ksh shell. but the scripts will not run correctly. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running ksh script from command line

Hi. I have a ksh script I want to run, but I'm connecting through a telnet and I don't want to FTP the scripts itself. is there a way of running the script from command line ? like ksh "The script itself..." Thanks, Ramon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mellowcandle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running scripts without a hashbang - ksh anomaly?

I noticed some strange looking parameters on some processes on one of our servers, and after a little playing around we deduced that ksh seemed to be adding a (somewhat random) extra parameter when calling a script without a hashbang in it. It looks like it's the partial name of the parent... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to check if certain process is running

I have to kill the process "test" for a maintenance I do but want the script to check when it comes back up. I can get what I want when I run this while loop: while true;do ps -ef | grep test | grep -v grep | sed -e 's/^*//';sleep 60;done but I want the script to do it for me and as soon as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a KSH file from VPS on Godaddy

i have looked for a week and tried a few things, but nothing seems to work so joined here. I have a go daddy account and also a vps in germany. In my vps, i run a code script (we will call it codegen) when i run ./codegen i get my question of how many codes do i want to make. With my answer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uksatman
9 Replies
libcurl(3)						      libcurl easy interface							libcurl(3)

NAME
libcurl-easy - easy interface overview DESCRIPTION
When using libcurl's "easy" interface you init your session and get a handle (often referred to as an "easy handle"), which you use as input to the easy interface functions you use. Use curl_easy_init(3) to get the handle. You continue by setting all the options you want in the upcoming transfer, the most important among them is the URL itself (you can't transfer anything without a specified URL as you may have figured out yourself). You might want to set some callbacks as well that will be called from the library when data is available etc. curl_easy_setopt(3) is used for all this. When all is setup, you tell libcurl to perform the transfer using curl_easy_perform(3). It will then do the entire operation and won't return until it is done (successfully or not). After the transfer has been made, you can set new options and make another transfer, or if you're done, cleanup the session by calling curl_easy_cleanup(3). If you want persistent connections, you don't cleanup immediately, but instead run ahead and perform other transfers using the same easy handle. libcurl 7.10.7 12 Aug 2003 libcurl(3)