Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl search and append new line Post 302514860 by arvindng on Monday 18th of April 2011 09:54:02 AM
Old 04-18-2011
Perl search and append new line

Dear All,

I want search two lines and append some string in between these lines.

Input file
Code:
tmp,123
,10:123
tmp,666
,50:999
tmp,2:19800
5,3:21.

Output should be
Code:
tmp,123
,10:123
tmp,666
,50:999
appending 980000
appending 980000

was trying with following code but not working.
Code:
perl -p0e 's/(,2:19800\n5,3:)1/${1}\nappending 980000/g' input.txt

Thanks in advance

Last edited by radoulov; 04-18-2011 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using PERL to append chars to each line

I tried using SED to do this, but I'm not having any luck with it. See the previous thread here. I have a program called AMStracker (on OS X) that spits out the values of the motion sensor in the HDD. It has output that looks like this: . . 3 0 -75 3 0 -76 3 0 -77 . . I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0nn0r
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search a line and copy it to another line

Hi I have a log file (say log.txt). I have to search for a line which has the string ( say ERROR) in the log file and copy 15 lines after this into another file (say error.txt). Can someone give me the code and this has to be in PERL Thanks in advance Ammu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search directory-find files-append at end of line

Hi, I have a command "get_data" with some parameters in few *.text files of a directory. I want to first find those files that contain this command and then append the following parameter to the end of the command. example of an entry in the file :- get_data -x -m50 /etc/web/getid this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append a string to next line in perl

hi all , i have a requirement like this.. this just a sample script... $ cat test.sh #!/bin/bash perl -e ' open(IN,"addrss"); open(out,">>addrss"); @newval; while (<IN>) { @col_val=split(/:/); if ($.==1) { for($i=0;$i<=$#col_val;$i++) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl search and replace - search in first line and replance in 2nd line

Dear All, i want to search particular string and want to replance next line value. following is the test file. search string is tmp,??? ,10:1 "???" may contain any 3 character it should remain the same and next line replace with ,10:50 tmp,123 --- if match tmp,??? then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

search more than one pattern with perl on same line

Hi friends, I want to search for some hex error codes in some files. After the hex error code is found, the occurences would be counted. Afterwards the found hex errorcode would be cat into a separate file. Here is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Basename; my $find = $ARGV; my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdohn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL or SHELL Scrript to search in Directories by taking line by line from a text file

Unix box server version *********** >uname -r B.11.00 >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh --> in this server, I have the path like /IMbuild/dev/im0serv1 ---> in that directory I have the folders startup(.jsp files nearly 100 jsp's ) and scripts(contains .js files nearly 100 files) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasam
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string, then append character to end of that line only

I have 2 files that I am working with $ cat file1 server1 server3 server5 server6 server8 $ cat file2 server1;Solaris; server2; SLES; server3;Linux; server4; Solaris; server5;SLES; server6;SLES; server7;Solaris; server8;Linux; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies
BLOCKDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BLOCKDIAG(1)

NAME
blockdiag - generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
blockdiag [options] file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the blockdiag commands. blockdiag is a program that generate block-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the SEE ALSO. --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help Show summary of options -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram --fontmap=FONT use FONTMAP file to draw diagram -s, --separate Separate diagram images for each group -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format --nodoctype Do not output doctype definition tags (SVG only) --no-transparency do not make transparent background of diagram (PNG only) SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/blockdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
blockdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 9, 2011 BLOCKDIAG(1)