Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing columns from awk '{ print $0 }' Post 302514721 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 17th of April 2011 08:06:08 PM
Old 04-17-2011
Well, you could use a for loop:[code]awk ' { for(i=1;i

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot print the columns i want with awk.

hi friends! i have a script where a execute a veritas command, available_media wich retrieves me a list of tapes .lst then i execute cat /tmp/listtapes.lst | grep -v VL |sed '/^$/d'|awk -F, '{print $1, $3, $4, $9} ' > /tmp/media1.lst but it prints all the columns instead of the four... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk to print some columns of a file

Hi, i have a file with content 00:01:20.613 'integer32' 459254 00:01:34.158 459556 00:01:36.626 'integer32' 459255 and i want to print only output as below 00:01:20.613 459254 00:01:34.158 459556 00:01:36.626 459255 i dont want the word 'integer32' which is the second column. i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing columns using awk

HI , I want to remove 5th and 6th column from a .csv file using awk.is there any way of this apart from writing the each field as below awk -F, '{print $1,$2,$3,$7......$100}' OFS=, infile. Thx, Deepti (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing columns using awk

HI , I have a comma delimiter file, in which I want to remove 8th and 9th column. I tried removing those columns using the below code awk 'BEGIN { FS=","; OFS="," } {$8=$9="";gsub(",+",",",$0)}1' infile But the problem is 8th and 9th columns are user entered fields, theyvhave carriage... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mora
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique records in 2 columns using awk

Is it possible to print the records that has only 1 value in 2nd column. Ex: input awex1 1 awex1 2 awex1 3 assww 1 ader34 1 ader34 2 output assww 1 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: is it possible to print into multiple columns?

Hi guys, I have hundreds file like this, here I only show two of them: file 1 feco4_s_BB95.log ZE_1=-1717.5206260 feco4_t_BB95.log ZE_1=-1717.5169250 feco5_s_BB95.log ZE_1=-1830.9322060... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print string with removing all spaces

Hi all, I want to set 10 set of strings into a variable where: removing all spaces within each string change the delimiter from "|" to "," Currently, I've the below script like this:Table=`ten character strings with spaces in-between and each string with delimiter "|" | tr -d ' ' |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: o1283c
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print columns which are not null

I am working on a file with several columns as below MO_NAME,FAULT_TYPE,CLASS,CODE1,CODE2,CODE3 RXOCF-101,BTS INTERNAL,FAULT CODES CLASS 2A,53,58 RXOCF-101,BTS INTERNAL,FAULT CODES CLASS 2B,24 RXOCF-101,BTS INTERNAL,FAULT CODES CLASS 2A,33 RXOCF-101,BTS INTERNAL,FAULT CODES CLASS 2D,57 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rizwan Rasul
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print columns and variable

Hi, Can anyone help with the below please? I have written some code which takes an input file, and and prints the contents out to a new file - it then loops round and prints the same columns, but increments the ID column by 1 each time. Input file; NAME,1,15-Dec-15, NAME,1,21-Dec-15,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use "awk" to print columns from different files in separate columns?

Hi, I'm trying to copy and paste the sixth column from a bunch of files into a single file having each column pasted in separate columns (and not one after each other in just one column.) I tried this code but works only partially because it copied and pasted 50 rows of each column... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frastra
6 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)