Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Logging in unix account taking password from a parameter file Post 302514650 by ahamed101 on Sunday 17th of April 2011 07:02:05 AM
Old 04-17-2011
This sounds a bit difficult using shell script. Try enabling ssh for the required users, that should be a cake walk. If you still want to do it with script, probably you should try expect

regards,
Ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not taking password for su on mac os x

Hello, I can't install matlab on my new mac os X because I am not logged in as a superuser. I type su root and it doesn't take my password. It just says sorry. Is there a way to just reset it? Thanks, Z (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zitz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to update my account password on 100 unix server ?

Hi We have over 100 unix servers. They include linux,solaris,aix,hp and sgi. I use telnet for some and ssh for rest. Note: none of this server has expect which i can use to update.So i am looking for expert who can help me with their script or guide me write KSH script to automate this. Thank... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaurtum
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute via crontab taking username/password from file

Dear All Here is the details what i want to achieve from shell scripts I have a sever where 5 databases are created. which i having diffrent SID's. Now i want to execute some SQL queries on each one of the databases. (SQL Query is same).That i want to acheive via crontab Now each one of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User account logging

Hi - I want to log commands typed by oraapps user with time into some log file on runtime. HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " works but any one with oraapps user can delete the history. OS : RHEl 5.6 Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQLPLUS Password Parameter file being used when logging in

Good day to everyone. This is my first time posting and just barely above basic Unix training. I think i have search thoroughly to ensure my question hasn't already been posted. But on the off chance the answer has been posted, please be nice as I am not 100% sure I know what I am looking for. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mrjester
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking mirror copy of the application id and password into the new UNIX machine

I am working in Datastage Migration project. The applications has to be moved from legacy machines to the new machines. all the applications will be having their own application id and password (non expiry) created in the unix (5.3). Now the scripts and the datastage applications has to be moved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar file with logging and directory via parameter

Hi all, I am fairly new to shell scripting and I am trying the following: My shell script creates a tar file with files with the ending ~. The directory - where the files and sub directories are located - comes as a parameter when I call the script. Files that are archived will be written in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neg42
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the two parameter from text file in UNIX.

Hi there, In my attachment there is 'Category/Subcategory' & 'Setting'. var=$(awk '/^Logon\/Logoff/ {P=0} P {print $0} FNR==1{printf("From file %s:\n", FILENAME)} /^System/ {P=1}' $file |grep -ia "IPsec Driver" );echo $var As of now I am able to From File: Policies.txt IPsec... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in to 100 server to test my account

I have been logging to 100 server everyday to test if I can login to the server. I created a script to ssh-copy-id to every host so next time it will be password less. Now it keeps prompting me Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes This is normal for first time login.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS