Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk (or other) script that assigns fields from a line to multiple variables Post 302514352 by Franklin52 on Friday 15th of April 2011 12:44:55 PM
Old 04-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirni
Just make sure you know what your input file contains. If your file contains a line with any command, its gonna get executed!
Good catchSmilie

How about:
Code:
sed 's/[^ ]*=//g' cfgfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Compare fields and increment variables

Hi, My first post to this group... I have a need to to parse a source file which is a capture from a network analyser. I have two fields that need to be checked: - Field 7 represents the packet length (an integer), and Field 4 represents a network address (e.g. 192.168.25.3) - The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mv652
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK multiple line fields sorting

I have a bash script which takes a log file with each record separated by a #. The records have multiple fields but field $1 is always the date and time. When the script is run it prints the record just fine from oldest to newest. I need to have records print out from newest first. Here is the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Multiple fields on 1 line to multiple rows

I'm trying extract a number of filename fields from a log file and copy them out as separate rows in a text file so i can load them into a table. I'm able to get the filenames but the all appear on one line. I tried using the cut command with the -d (delimiter) option but cant seem to make it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sinbad-66
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: Print fields between two delimiters on separate lines and send to variables

I have email headers that look like the following. In the end I would like to accomplish sending each email address to its own variable, such as: user1@domain.com='user1@domain.com' user2@domain.com='user2@domain.com' user3@domain.com='user3@domain.com' etc... I know the sed to get rid of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tay9000
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk gsub multiple fields

Hi, I am trying to execute this line awk -F ";" -v OFS=";" '{gsub(/\./,",",$6); print}' FILE but for multiple fields $6 $7 $8 Do you have a suggstion? Tried: awk -F ";" -v OFS="";"" "function GSUB( F ) {gsub(/\./,\",\",$F); print} { GSUB( 6 ); GSUB( 7 ); GSUB( 8 ) } 1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nakaedu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question ? set 2 variables by matching fields

Hello, I'm trying to get the TOP and BASE numbers printed out File looks like this: 2300 CAR # 2300 is the TOP 2310 CAR 2335 CAR 2455 CAR # 2455 is the BASE 1000 MOTOR # 2455 will become this TOP 2000 MOTOR 3000 MOTOR 4000 MOTOR # 4000 is the BASE 2345 BIKE # 4000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlieglen
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiple fields separators

Can you please help me with this .... Input File share "FTPTransfer" "/v31_fs01/root/FTP-Transfer" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=NJ09FIL530 share "Test" "/v31_fs01/root/Test" umask=022 maxusr=4294967295 netbios=NJ09FIL530 share "ENR California" "/v31_fs01/root/ENR California"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 0 with 1 in multiple fields with awk

Hello, I have the following input file: 1 3 3 2 3 3 4 0 4 0 5 4 5 2 2 0 5 3 4 0 6 0 3 2 I am trying to remove all zeroes in fields 2 and 4 and replace them with "1's" I tried the following, but it's not working awk -F"\t" '{ if (($2==0) || ($4==0) $2=1; $4=1; print $0 ) }' input ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rabu
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read line and save fields as variables

Hej guys, I am trying to read a csv file line by line, save it's fields as variables per line so I can use them as parameters and execute stuff. I am new to shell scripting and was just strictly following a tutorial. Somehow my version seems to ignore the loop. Any help? TY! :) #!/bin/bash... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Splinter479
12 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)