Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting timestamp field was padded with blanks warning Post 302514334 by mitr on Friday 15th of April 2011 11:49:56 AM
Old 04-15-2011
actually I initially tried with space ..but then it would throw this message
and also it would not insert the row to the table..

SQL3148W A row from the input file was not inserted into the table. SQLCODE
"-180" was returned.

SQL0180N The syntax of the string representation of a datetime value is
incorrect. SQLSTATE=22007

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo for var, padded with spaces

While concatenating 2 values, one which expanded to fixed width & other not, I am not getting value expanded as fixed width. Following is script for the same : #!/bin/sh var1="abc" var2="def" var1Fxd=`echo $var1 | awk '{printf("%-6s",$0)}'` echo $var1Fxd""$var2 But, if I try - echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move and rename files in seq. with padded digits

Greetings, I am new to scripting, but find if I can see the code working for a given problem, then I can eventually figure it out. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocinante
9 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

finding empty files that are padded with zeros

how can search for files that are non-zero length but are empty? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polive96
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to left trim padded zeroes

I have a filename 'INITIATE_FINAL_ALL_000080889.dat', and I want to capture just the number '80889' from it. Here is what I have so far: %> echo INITIATE_FINAL_ALL_000080889.dat | sed "s/*//g" 000080889 Now, I just need to trim off the padded zeroes. Thanks, - CB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Seq As A Variable With Padded Digits

Hi all. Im trying to use a sequence in a while loop like this below. I need it for navigating a year, month, day folder structure where a user can input the start date and have it go to the desired end date. The script will grab a certain file on each day then move onto the next. Ive got all that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimted to padded conversion with unknown field length

I’m looking for an elegant way to convert a delimited file (comma delimited in this case) to padded columns (for printing in non-proportional font) but the length of each column is not known ahead of time. It needs to be calculated for each column from the longest entry in that column in a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if a date field has date or timestamp or date&timestamp

Hi, In a field, I should receive the date with time stamp in a particular field. But sometimes the vendor sends just the date or the timestamp or correctl the date&timestamp. I have to figure out the the data is a date or time stamp or date&timestamp. If it is date then append "<space>00:00:00"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma padded.. Output

Hello, here is the outout of the command below.. Can someone please tell me how to get the output as below output needed: 18914,30716,17051,4139,14155... ( no comma for the last value) ps -e -o pcpu,pid,user,tty,args | sort -n -k 1 -r | head | awk '{print $2}' 18914 30716 17051 4139... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf padded string

Is possible to print padded string in printf? Example echo 1 | awk '{printf("%03d\n", $1)}' 001I want S1 S11 S2 S21to be padded as: S01 S11 S02 S21Thanks! (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
26 Replies
DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime(3) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime - Auto-create DateTime objects from date and datetime columns. SYNOPSIS
Load this component and then declare one or more columns to be of the datetime, timestamp or date datatype. package Event; use base 'DBIx::Class::Core'; __PACKAGE__->load_components(qw/InflateColumn::DateTime/); __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'datetime' } create_date => { data_type => 'date' } ); Then you can treat the specified column as a DateTime object. print "This event starts the month of ". $event->starts_when->month_name(); If you want to set a specific timezone and locale for that field, use: __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'datetime', timezone => "America/Chicago", locale => "de_DE" } ); If you want to inflate no matter what data_type your column is, use inflate_datetime or inflate_date: __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'varchar', inflate_datetime => 1 } ); __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'varchar', inflate_date => 1 } ); It's also possible to explicitly skip inflation: __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'datetime', inflate_datetime => 0 } ); NOTE: Don't rely on "InflateColumn::DateTime" to parse date strings for you. The column is set directly for any non-references and "InflateColumn::DateTime" is completely bypassed. Instead, use an input parser to create a DateTime object. For instance, if your user input comes as a 'YYYY-MM-DD' string, you can use "DateTime::Format::ISO8601" thusly: use DateTime::Format::ISO8601; my $dt = DateTime::Format::ISO8601->parse_datetime('YYYY-MM-DD'); DESCRIPTION
This module figures out the type of DateTime::Format::* class to inflate/deflate with based on the type of DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::* that you are using. If you switch from one database to a different one your code should continue to work without modification (though note that this feature is new as of 0.07, so it may not be perfect yet - bug reports to the list very much welcome). If the data_type of a field is "date", "datetime" or "timestamp" (or a derivative of these datatypes, e.g. "timestamp with timezone"), this module will automatically call the appropriate parse/format method for deflation/inflation as defined in the storage class. For instance, for a "datetime" field the methods "parse_datetime" and "format_datetime" would be called on deflation/inflation. If the storage class does not provide a specialized inflator/deflator, "[parse|format]_datetime" will be used as a fallback. See DateTime::Format for more information on date formatting. For more help with using components, see "USING" in DBIx::Class::Manual::Component. register_column Chains with the "register_column" in DBIx::Class::Row method, and sets up datetime columns appropriately. This would not normally be directly called by end users. In the case of an invalid date, DateTime will throw an exception. To bypass these exceptions and just have the inflation return undef, use the "datetime_undef_if_invalid" option in the column info: "broken_date", { data_type => "datetime", default_value => '0000-00-00', is_nullable => 1, datetime_undef_if_invalid => 1 } USAGE NOTES
If you have a datetime column with an associated "timezone", and subsequently create/update this column with a DateTime object in the DateTime::TimeZone::Floating timezone, you will get a warning (as there is a very good chance this will not have the result you expect). For example: __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'datetime', timezone => "America/Chicago" } ); my $event = $schema->resultset('EventTZ')->create({ starts_at => DateTime->new(year=>2007, month=>12, day=>31, ), }); The warning can be avoided in several ways: Fix your broken code When calling "set_time_zone" on a Floating DateTime object, the timezone is simply set to the requested value, and no time conversion takes place. It is always a good idea to be supply explicit times to the database: my $event = $schema->resultset('EventTZ')->create({ starts_at => DateTime->new(year=>2007, month=>12, day=>31, time_zone => "America/Chicago" ), }); Suppress the check on per-column basis __PACKAGE__->add_columns( starts_when => { data_type => 'datetime', timezone => "America/Chicago", floating_tz_ok => 1 } ); Suppress the check globally Set the environment variable DBIC_FLOATING_TZ_OK to some true value. Putting extra attributes like timezone, locale or floating_tz_ok into extra => {} has been DEPRECATED because this gets you into trouble using DBIx::Class::Schema::Versioned. Instead put it directly into the columns definition like in the examples above. If you still use the old way you'll see a warning - please fix your code then! SEE ALSO
More information about the add_columns method, and column metadata, can be found in the documentation for DBIx::Class::ResultSource. Further discussion of problems inherent to the Floating timezone: Floating DateTimes and $dt->set_time_zone AUTHOR
Matt S. Trout <mst@shadowcatsystems.co.uk> INHERITED METHODS
DBIx::Class::InflateColumn get_inflated_column, inflate_column, set_inflated_column, store_inflated_column DBIx::Class::Row copy, delete, discard_changes, get_column, get_columns, get_dirty_columns, get_from_storage, get_inflated_columns, has_column_loaded, in_storage, inflate_result, insert, insert_or_update, is_changed, is_column_changed, make_column_dirty, new, result_source, set_column, set_columns, set_inflated_columns, store_column, throw_exception, update, update_or_insert CONTRIBUTORS
Aran Deltac <bluefeet@cpan.org> LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-30 DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime(3)