Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ALternative to Linux wget
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ALternative to Linux wget Post 302514299 by rob171171 on Friday 15th of April 2011 10:55:54 AM
Old 04-15-2011
possibly-- This can be closed if needs be as the answer to this was from another thread whereby clive was the answer

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to Windows? OS that can connect to a Windows domain and use for everyday (can use with Oracle). Easy to learn. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesisX
4 Replies

2. Programming

Alternative of timeGetTime() in Linux

Hi, does anyone knows of a function timeGetTime() that i can use in Linux. timeGetTime() is a method of mmsystem.h, but what about linux?? Or is there a similar function in ACE that I can use??? thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jasonlimvm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative to UUENCODE in linux

In my linux system, UUENCODE command is not available. I need to send the log file as an attachement. Is there any other way to do so? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative Scripting Language for UNIX/Linux System Administration

I do not know UNIX shell scripting so as an alternative which language would you think is better for daily System Administration tasks. Perl or PHP? I know a little about both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopus
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative of UUENCODE in LINUX

Hi All, We just migrated from Sun unix box to Redhat Linux 5.5 (CentOS). One of my email script that attaches a log file and send email. This script used to work on sun box but does not work on Linux. The script uses UUENCODE command(code below). This works in Sun box but not in Linux. Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simi28
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want alternative of -maxdepth 1 for all Linux,Solaris and AIX

find /full/path/dir \( ! -name dir -o -type f \) -prune -type f on AIX it worked perfect : sdp1:/var/tmp/test# find /var/tmp/test/ \( ! -name test -o -type f \) -prune \ -name "*properties" -type f -exec ls -l {} \; -exec cksum {} \; -rw------- 1 root system 19 Dec 12... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant.hcl
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative for /usr/sbin/userdbset on Linux

Hello. I am currently on HPUX and migrating to Linux RHEL 6.4 This program on hpux: /usr/sbin/userdbset is puzzling me on linux. Does anyone know the equivilent program forked or used on linux. This program is mentioned in our user reset script. here is a strings of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
2 Replies
JIGDO-LITE(1)															     JIGDO-LITE(1)

NAME
jigdo-lite - Download jigdo files using wget SYNOPSIS
jigdo-lite [ URL ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. Given the URL of a `.jigdo' file, jigdo-lite downloads the large file (e.g. a CD image) that has been made available through that URL. wget(1) is used to download the necessary pieces of administrative data (contained in the `.jigdo' file and a corresponding `.template' file) as well as the many pieces that the large file is made from. The jigdo-file(1) utility is used to reconstruct the large file from the pieces. `.jigdo' files that contain references to Debian mirrors are treated specially: When such a file is recognized, you are asked to select one mirror out of a list of all Debian mirrors. If URL is not given on the command line, the script prompts for a location to download the `.jigdo' file from. The following command line options are recognized: -h --help Output short summary of command syntax. -v --version Output version number. --scan FILES Do not ask for "Files to scan", use this path. --noask Do not ask any questions, instead behave as if the user had pressed Return at all prompts. This can be useful when running jigdo- lite from cron jobs or in other non-interactive environments. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-mirror(1), wget(1) (or `info wget') CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-LITE(1)