Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Do not find the mistake in a small routine!!! Post 302514203 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 15th of April 2011 05:09:12 AM
Old 04-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurgen
remove_list='_12345_ _54321_ _2468_ _abcde_'
for delete in `echo remove_list`
do
sed -e "/$delete/d" old_list > updated_list
done
remove_list is a file or a variable..? If its a file use cat instead of echo else if its a variable use $ sign before the name.
Code:
for delete in `echo $remove_list`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory find in small and capitals

I've a very trivial thing bothering me. I'm rather new in scripting so I'll keep asking stupid questions. Here is small script that does backup of mails. --- for i in `cat /maildir.dir` do echo $i maildir=`echo $i|sed 's@^./usr/@@'` for j in $i/* do && { st="`find $j/backup -name "*"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Mistake!!!

Hi. I hope someone can help me with this problem. Being a novice to Unix, I editted my crontab directly by typing " crontab -e ". Well, I needed to make some changes so, I typed " crontab -r ". Now I have no crontab, and I can't seem to get crontab to write a new file. I' ve tried: vi... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub routine call

in windows machine... C:\2\test>perl -version This is perl, v5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) ------------------------------------------ what is the difference b\w subroutine calls: sub_routine_name("-----"); and ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

4. AIX

Did a Mistake with HACMP

Hi, I needed space on a FS, and when I've added the space on the filesystem, I did it trough the regular smitty fs inteface and not with smitty cl_lvm. Can someone help me to repair the situat before a faileover happen ? Thanks for your help,:mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzed27
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't find the mistake in sed expression

Hi there, Can anyone help me find the correct expression for sed. I want to repace iface eth0 inet wathever with iface eth0 inet static Thanks for your help Santiago (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk routine help

Hi, I use awk but not as a programming language. Just generally in piplelines to split things out by fields. I am trying to accomplish this one thing that I think a short awk routine would do great for, but can't figure it out. Lets say I have a file that contains database columns. The file... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwellers
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any mistake in this code:

cat $1 | sort -n | uniq | $1 in other words, I sort the content of the file and put the ouput in the same file, is there any mistakes in this cshell code ??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Takeeshe
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Probably some stupid mistake...

Hi everyone ! I have a file wich look like this : >Sis01 > Sis02 ... >Sis44 I want to separe each paragraphe in a different file, so I decide to use the "FOR" loop + sed. for f in {01..44} do (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluvah
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone find the mistake in this script file

#!/bin/ksh db_user=`echo $DB_USER_NAME` db_pwd=`echo $DB_PASSWORD` db_sid=`echo $TWO_TASK` sqlplus -s $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid << EOF a = select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and bus_event_seq_nbr='3969094' set -- echo $a |... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find words containing small letters

Hello, I have a file containing different words. How can i print the words which contain at least one small letter, for example if i have: today TOMORROw 12345 123a next preViou5 no it should print the following: today TOMORROw 123a next preViou5 no Please use code tags as required... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JhonTheNewbie
5 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)