Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Unable to connect Xend with virt-manager Post 302514079 by majid.merkava on Thursday 14th of April 2011 06:38:07 PM
Old 04-14-2011
Unable to connect Xend with virt-manager

Hi guys.

I have installed debian 6.0.1a. I have install all XEN stuff. including xen kernel, libvirtd, ...
but when i want to connect xend virt-manager shows me this:
Code:
Verify that:
 - A Xen host kernel was booted
 - The Xen service has been started

details:
Code:
Unable to open connection to hypervisor URI 'xen:///':
unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock', libvirtd may need to be started: Permission denied
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 971, in _try_open
    None], flags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 111, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: unable to connect to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock', libvirtd may need to be started: Permission denied

here is uname output:
Code:
Linux debian 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 8 00:01:30 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and also xend and libvirtd is runnig.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect using SFTP

I shall explain the situation that I am facing to the best extent possible. I require some help, as this situation is an urgent one. I am trying to automate sending data from one AIX machine to another. A script runs that tries to push data received from an upstream application to another AIX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Configuration problem in virt-manager

HI, I use red hat linux ES 5. I start the virt-manager and add new guest host in it . But When I choose parXXX-virtuXXXXX ...not full-virtXXXx... I get below screen to fill installtion source Please indicate where installation media is available for the operating system you would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to connect using ftp

hi I am having issues when trying to connect using ftp, I am having the following error: User (10.100.48.73:(none)): moz 331 Password required for moza. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. ftp> by 221 Goodbye. I have created a user like this: useradd -g 10 -d /lam/moza -m -s... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)						systemd-detect-virt					    SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)

NAME
systemd-detect-virt - Detect execution in a virtualized environment SYNOPSIS
systemd-detect-virt [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-detect-virt detects execution in a virtualized environment. It identifies the virtualization technology and can distinguish full VM virtualization from container virtualization. When executed without --quiet will print a short identifier for the detected virtualization technology. The following technologies are currently identified: qemu, kvm, vmware, microsoft, oracle, xen, bochs, chroot, uml, openvz, lxc, lxc-libvirt, systemd-nspawn. If multiple virtualization solutions are used, only the "innermost" is detected and identified. That means if both VM virtualization and container virtualization are used in conjunction, only the latter will be identified (unless --vm is passed). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. -c, --container Only detects container virtualization (i.e. shared kernel virtualization). -v, --vm Only detects VM virtualization (i.e. full hardware virtualization). -q, --quiet Suppress output of the virtualization technology identifier. EXIT STATUS
If a virtualization technology is detected, 0 is returned, a non-zero code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)