Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris container date diference Post 302513894 by anonymouzz on Thursday 14th of April 2011 09:49:03 AM
Old 04-14-2011
The NTP configuration is the same on all the zones and others servers too:

-bash-3.00# ntpq -p
remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp
==============================================================================
*10.8.1.30 .GPS. 1 u 830 1024 377 2.50 0.359 0.21
+sbcpd04 10.8.1.30 2 u 191 1024 377 4.94 1.558 1.31
-bash-3.00#

10.8.1.30 is a Atomic time machine, samething like that and sbcpd04 is a secundary server.

My /etc/TIMEZONE

#
# Copyright 1992, 1999-2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
#ident "@(#)init.dfl 1.7 02/12/03 SMI"
#
# This file is /etc/default/init. /etc/TIMEZONE is a symlink to this file.
# This file looks like a shell script, but it is not. To maintain
# compatibility with old versions of /etc/TIMEZONE, some shell constructs
# (i.e., export commands) are allowed in this file, but are ignored.
#
# Lines of this file should be of the form VAR=value, where VAR is one of
# TZ, LANG, CMASK, or any of the LC_* environment variables. value may
# be enclosed in double quotes (") or single quotes (').
#
#####TZ=Brazil/East
#####CMASK=022
#####LC_COLLATE=en_US.ISO8859-1
#####LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1
#####LC_MESSAGES=C
#####LC_MONETARY=en_US.ISO8859-1
#####LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1
#####LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1
TZ=Brazil/East
CMASK=022
LC_COLLATE=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_CTYPE=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_MESSAGES=C
LC_MONETARY=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.ISO8859-1
LC_TIME=en_US.ISO8859-1

this is weird because when we connect via ssh its returns the date command a normal BRT time if i start the sap for example via ssh everything is normal, if we connect via the global machine console, start the sap he gets time wrong.

The file /etc/TIMEZONE is the same for all the zones.

Thanks for the answers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cant priocntl within solaris 10 non global container

Hello ! Can anybody help me with the following: my sparc server ( solaris 10 06/07) has 1 global and 4 non-global zones running we are using one of the non-global-zones for a jboss application server we want to levitate the JBOSS process within the non_global_zone with: < priocntl -s -c FX -p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moofoo
1 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 9 container on solaris 10

'Solaris 9 container' package/product is supported on Solaris 10 operating system with Solaris containers technology(including solaris zones). Using Solaris Container technology, A single physical machine can be divided into virtual servers called as containers in which user feels as if he is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 8 Container Error

Log File: /var/tmp/server1.install.18730.log Source: /vmpool/tmp/server1.flar Installing: This may take several minutes... Postprocessing: This may take several minutes... Postprocess: ERROR: p2v module S40_setup_preload failed: 0 Postprocess: ERROR: Postprocessing failed. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cornsnap
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 6 container support

Is solaris 6 container support available ? Say, If I have a machine with Solaris 10 operating system.. Can i install Solaris 6 container on this machine, so that the machine will have Solaris 6 virtual environment... Does sun support Solaris 6 container ? Any ideas over this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Monitoring services in zones with Solaris container Manager

I need to know how to Manage Solaris services (SMF) in sparse zone with Solaris container manager. I have navigated all the documentation and I have not found any clue. I installed the Sun management center (SMC) server on a server box and the agents on others. I can manage the SMF of the global... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage, free and used, using sar, top and vmstat in Solaris zone/container

Hi all, I have a server running an Oracle database that is part of a Solaris M5000 container. Presumably this is referred to as a zone within a cluster, not sure if I get the terminology right. Anyway, a third-party manages the zone and unfortunately is not "helpful/friendly" to assist me on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 container graceful shutdown?

Hi, I've got a UPS connected to my Solaris 10 machine and I'm planning to run containers/zones on there. At the moment if the UPS agent sends the signal to the solaris machine to shutdown, all the apps shutdown gracefully and then the host goes down. If I setup containers for the apps, does... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastexit
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Memory usage in a Solaris Container

Hi All, We have a server with Solaris 10 installed. The total memory of the server is 64GB. In order to check the memory info of the server I use "top" utility that gives me total and free memory in real-time. I have also installed a Sun container (non-global zone) on top of parent operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer
4 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris zones vs container..

kindly share what are difference b/w solaris zones and containers.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Differences of Solaris zone and Solaris Container

Hi everyone! I am in dire need to know what are the differences between a solaris zone and a solaris container.. Explanations over the net are very confusing. Please help. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
8 Replies
LOCALE(1)                                                        Linux User Manual                                                       LOCALE(1)

NAME
locale - get locale-specific information SYNOPSIS
locale [option] locale [option] -a locale [option] -m locale [option] name... DESCRIPTION
The locale command displays information about the current locale, or all locales, on standard output. When invoked without arguments, locale displays the current locale settings for each locale category (see locale(5)), based on the settings of the environment variables that control the locale (see locale(7)). Values for variables set in the environment are printed without dou- ble quotes, implied values are printed with double quotes. If either the -a or the -m option (or one of their long-format equivalents) is specified, the behavior is as follows: -a, --all-locales Display a list of all available locales. The -v option causes the LC_IDENTIFICATION metadata about each locale to be included in the output. -m, --charmaps Display the available charmaps (character set description files). To display the current character set for the locale, use locale -c charmap. The locale command can also be provided with one or more arguments, which are the names of locale keywords (for example, date_fmt, ctype- class-names, yesexpr, or decimal_point) or locale categories (for example, LC_CTYPE or LC_TIME). For each argument, the following is dis- played: * For a locale keyword, the value of that keyword to be displayed. * For a locale category, the values of all keywords in that category are displayed. When arguments are supplied, the following options are meaningful: -c, --category-name For a category name argument, write the name of the locale category on a separate line preceding the list of keyword values for that category. For a keyword name argument, write the name of the locale category for this keyword on a separate line preceding the keyword value. This option improves readability when multiple name arguments are specified. It can be combined with the -k option. -k, --keyword-name For each keyword whose value is being displayed, include also the name of that keyword, so that the output has the format: keyword="value" The locale command also knows about the following options: -v, --verbose Display additional information for some command-line option and argument combinations. -?, --help Display a summary of command-line options and arguments and exit. --usage Display a short usage message and exit. -V, --version Display the program version and exit. FILES
/usr/lib/locale/locale-archive Usual default locale archive location. /usr/share/i18n/locales Usual default path for locale definition files. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001, POSIX.1-2008. EXAMPLE
$ locale LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8" LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8" LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8" LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8" LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8" LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8" LC_ALL= $ locale date_fmt %a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y $ locale -k date_fmt date_fmt="%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y" $ locale -ck date_fmt LC_TIME date_fmt="%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y" $ locale LC_TELEPHONE +%c (%a) %l (%a) %l 11 1 UTF-8 $ locale -k LC_TELEPHONE tel_int_fmt="+%c (%a) %l" tel_dom_fmt="(%a) %l" int_select="11" int_prefix="1" telephone-codeset="UTF-8" The following example compiles a custom locale from the ./wrk directory with the localedef(1) utility under the $HOME/.locale directory, then tests the result with the date(1) command, and then sets the environment variables LOCPATH and LANG in the shell profile file so that the custom locale will be used in the subsequent user sessions: $ mkdir -p $HOME/.locale $ I18NPATH=./wrk/ localedef -f UTF-8 -i fi_SE $HOME/.locale/fi_SE.UTF-8 $ LOCPATH=$HOME/.locale LC_ALL=fi_SE.UTF-8 date $ echo "export LOCPATH=$HOME/.locale" >> $HOME/.bashrc $ echo "export LANG=fi_SE.UTF-8" >> $HOME/.bashrc SEE ALSO
localedef(1), charmap(5), locale(5), locale(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2017-09-15 LOCALE(1)